coming out to her as trans (requested)

"Whatever it is that you want to talk to me about, you can do so right now without any judgment from me. I promise you." Yeji whispered as she took your hand into hers, giving it a few comforting squeezes.

You're sitting beside her on her sofa, quiet and nervous.

You have something important, very important, to share with her.

You've been trying to find a way to tell her this for a while now.

Your relationship is getting serious as you approaching your three-month anniversary. She's become the person you can trust more than anyone else.

And that's why you can't wait any longer to share this news with her.

"Y/N, talk to me," she encouraged. "You said you have something very important to tell me. I'm listening."

"Okay." You said as you took a deep breath and looked into her eyes.

"Growing up, I felt very uncomfortable in my own skin. I didn't feel like I was who I was meant to be. When People in my life referred to me by the pronouns I was born with, I felt a really intense rush of discomfort. I felt so awkward."

She nodded, wordlessly telling you that she was still listening and she wanted you to continue.

"I only felt free and comfortable in my skin when I transitioned."

"Oh," She started to smile brightly as she squeezed your hands reassuringly.

"I'm trans." You confessed.

You were unsure of how she was going to react. It surprised you when her eyes lit up and she let go of one of your hands so she could brush hers along your cheek.

"Okay." She smiled. "Thank you for telling me this."

"Thank you for listening. It doesn't make you feel any differently about me?"

"What?" She frowned. "No, baby. Not at all. Why would it?"

"I just never know sometimes. Some people can be supportive and accepting. Others not so much."

"Well, you should know me well enough by now to know I don't judge and I accept everyone for who they are."

You nodded and leaned forward to lay your cheek on her shoulder as she put her arms around you.

"I know, as a society, we've come a long way over the years with acceptance... but we've still got a ways to go. I know it must be scary to share such an important part of who you are with someone. I know some people are mean and judgmental. But that's not me. I'm so happy you found who you are. I'm happy you're happy in your skin now. I'm happy that you feel free and confident. This is who you are, y/n, and who you are is beautiful. Don't ever let anyone make you feel differently."

You looked at her with tears in your eyes.

"Don't cry, darling!" She giggled as she brushed her thumbs along your cheeks.

"They're happy tears, I promise. I just feel so thankful for you. I don't know what I did to deserve you. You're everything I've ever dreamt of finding in someone."

"I feel the same way." She smiled and kissed your forehead. "Don't ever be nervous to tell me things, especially when they're important to you. I will always support you. I'm here for you, always."

"Thank you, Yeji." You whispered and put your forehead against hers.

"Anytime, my love."