1: Who Would've Thought

"Fuck the noise,
It's too late, It's the choices,
Now I don't even wanna be someone..."
-Lennon Stella

Present Time

•Valen•

The last thing I want when I wake up in the morning is not only a pounding in the center of my temple, but the weight of last night's hookup thrown across my bare body, so when I wake up with both, it pretty much sets the mood for the rest of the day.

With every bit of strength I have, I peel my eyes open to look up at the crumbling ceiling that hangs over my head. As expected when I look over, the man beside me has his arm flung over my body, holding me down with its mass. Not only is he quite tall, but he's also filled out, so just his arm is a lot.

Having no regard for his peaceful slumber, I begin shoving his shoulder to wake him up, groaning loudly when he doesn't budge. My tone is just as harsh, and even though we sleep together, doesn't mean I want him to stay here longer than wanted.

"Get the fuck up," I groan, continuously using my hands to push his limp body off of me. A low gurgle comes from the back of his throat and I watch as his eyebrows furrow in sleepy frustration. "Seriously, it's time for you to go," I say as I push harder on him, not giving him a choice now but to wake up.

Slowly but surely, he removes his arm from my body, letting me sit up in the bed. The sheet that was once covering my bare body, falls into my lap, leaving my nude chest on full display.

My lovely casual fuck picks his head up from the pillow to give me a dazed grin, one eye cracked open.

"Nice rack, V. Sure we can't go another round before I leave?" He purrs, his white hair falling in a mess around his perfectly chiseled jaw. Forcing his eyes to fully open, his sleep-filled fuchsia eyes bore into my pale purple ones, my face immediately turning up in disgust. "Alright, alright, I'm gone, love," Haku sighs, throwing his hands up in defense at my ugly look.

Haku and I met a few months ago at the bar my publisher, Axel, owns. One night, after I had gotten off of work, I went to the bar to bug Axel about my manuscripts, asking for feedback and notes that he claimed he would have by the end of that day when Haku made his presence in that bar incredibly known.

Axel and I watched with everyone else in the place as the large man got on the bar and gave everyone a strip show.

Let's just say I liked what I saw.

We haven't ever had anything romantic with each other and it has always been strictly sex between us, even with a little bit of a friendship. Quite the odd relationship honestly, but I'd much rather have sex with the same person who already knows what I like and who I am, than some stranger who's probably going to need a step by step instruction manual to get me off.

Simply just a waste of time and time is all we have.

Haku, despite all of his flaws and his somewhat intolerable personality, is actually someone I can say confidently has my back.

He protects me when we go out, makes sure no creepy dudes try to pick me up and he reads my work with zero judgment, always gives me honest feedback and tells me when I'm being a complete dumbass. We read together and watch movies together, which mostly consists of me throwing popcorn at him and telling him to suck it up, considering the man cries while we watch a heartfelt movies.