11: What Will It Be?

"I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds..."
-Halsey

•Valen•

About twenty minutes of walking later, Dabi and I arrive at what looks to be an abandoned warehouse on a desolate street in a sketchy part of town. I'm not remotely surprised that this is somewhere we'd be meeting to discuss our next order of business, but it wouldn't kill them to pick a spot that doesn't scream "come here if you want to get mugged or staph".

Shigaraki is standing in the middle of the empty building when we walk inside, Dabi keeping his distance from me like I've got the plague. I don't question it too much as we approach the crusty man, giving us both a smile that sends goosebumps rippling over my skin.

"Dabi, Valen, I'm glad you both made it on time," Shigaraki purrs in his husky tone, the hands that typically cover his body nowhere to be found.

I scoff dryly at his use of my full name, but say nothing about it. "We're fifteen minutes late, but okay."

Shigaraki ignores my comment, turning to face Dabi completely. "Doesn't look like you informed Valen of the dress code tonight."

My eyebrow peaks at that, my head snapping over to look at Dabi in question. "Dress code?"

"Where you two are going tonight requires a little more... class," Shigaraki explains, taking the look of confusion on my face as a sign to continue. "Damiano has a club that he goes to every Friday night, a club he seems to have claimed in a way. If you two are going to get in with his good graces, this is the place to go."

"So, what? I'm just supposed to waltz in there, flaunt my tits, and demand he let me into his inner circle?" I point out, crossing my arms tightly over my chest to stay warm. "At least Dabi already fits the role."

Dabi sneers at my insult, but doesn't look in my direction as his eyes remain on the boss and his mouth remains shut.

Shigaraki wordlessly pulls out his phone and starts barking orders to who I assume to be Kurogiri. Seconds later, his familiar purple mist is gathering behind Dabi and I.

"You have five minutes to change. Dabi, go with her," the man demands, not giving me a chance to protest before we're enveloped and standing in the living room of my apartment.

Still earning my trust I see.

Letting a deep sigh leave my lips, I leave Dabi standing in the center of my living room as I head into my bedroom to find an outfit that'll be to Shigaraki's expectations. Apparently the clothes I chose for work tonight, a pair of tight, black skinny jeans and an equally tight, black halter top, won't suffice.

Sounds of Dabi ravaging inside of my fridge puts some pep into my step to get dressed as quickly as possible, afraid to let the man have free reign in my apartment for long.

Leather is typically my go-to when I'm wanting to feel "sexy"going out, but that doesn't seem to be the vibe we're going for tonight. There's only one item of clothing I own that would be deemed "fancy", even though nothing about me screams sophisticated. The only option I seem to have is a dress Sariah gave me a few months ago because she claimed it would fit me perfectly.