White cosmos: naive love

Once upon a time, in a faraway land, a King was drinking with his friends and families on a lovely summer evening. Although the shy pearly shades of lotuses were mesmerizing to the eyes, the King sighed and said:

"All these lotuses are no match to the flower that understands my words."

And everyone knew the King was referring to the most beautiful concubine sitting next to him.

Why did I start talking about this story? Hmm, that's a good question.

***

"Do NOT read it until you go back to your house," Brett whispers shyly as he hands Eddy an envelope.

"Is it my birthday already? What is this?" Eddy reluctantly takes the envelope, shaking it as if it might contain an explosive.

"It's just a letter."

"Something you can't talk about it in person? This is scary," Eddy mutters. He gingerly traces the sharp corners of the letter, wondering what the letter will say. When Eddy arrives home after filming, the first thing he does is tearing open the letter and reading it.

Dear Eddy,

There are certain things I was holding back for many weeks, or maybe it has been many years but I just didn't realize it until now. You are my best friend, the other half of myself and although it is scary, my heart speaks that ...

I love you.

The way you smile, your mischievous eyes, the way you play your violin, the unpredictable quirkiness that brightens up my day, and most importantly, the way you understand me like no others. I am not sure whether you feel the same for me but I will never put our friendship at risk because of my emotion, although how much I long for it. I promise our friendship will be as strong as ever, no matter what your decision is. And you will always be my other half and I will always be your best buddy.

Yours, Brett.

As soon as Eddy finishes reading the letter, he runs back to Brett's house. Brett is sitting on a couch, his phone turned off a long time ago. Eddy knocks. When Brett opens the door, Eddy embraces Brett in his arms, tight.

"I love you too, Brett. I always have."

It's too good to be true, and this is why this isn't true.

***

"Brett?! Brett!!" Eddy needed to call Brett at least three times to get his attention.

"What-what?" Brett broke from his trance and perked up, startled.

"What are you daydreaming about? We need to get this done by tonight," Eddy sighed, tearing open another letter. Brett blushed as he began coughing a little more, returning his focus to another fan letter sent to them. His daydreaming was over. What was left was piles after piles of letters to read.

They were planning to film the next video about reviewing the fan letters sent to twosetviolin. Hundreds of letters arrived at their doorsteps and they needed to read all of them by tonight to choose which letter to read on youtube.

"Hey look," Eddy giggled as he showed one of the letters to Brett. "Some people want to marry me, obviously."

Brett glanced at a love letter sent to Eddy all the way from America. Something boiled inside his chest when he read it - was it jealousy?

"Humph, they don't know you out of camera though," Brett said sourly as he opened up another letter.

"Yeah, maybe I should do a v-log or something? What do you think? Show off my little garden once in a while, you know."