White freesia: innocence

Let me tell you a strange tale of the butterfly dream.

Chuang Tzu was a Chinese philosopher who, one night, dreamed of becoming a butterfly. In his dream, he had wings, flying from flowers to flowers, swaying in the breeze. He was quite sure that he was a butterfly. However, when he woke up, he realized that he was only a person dreaming that he was a butterfly.

The dream was so vivid that Chuang Tzu asked himself: "was I Chuang Tzu dreaming I was a butterfly or am I now really a butterfly dreaming that I am Chuang Tzu?"

***

You have reached the voice mail of Brett Yang. Please leave a message after the beep.

Brett, this is Justin.
I tried calling you several times but you weren't picking up. Is everything alright? I couldn't reply to you sooner because my sister just gave birth and I was out of the country.

For the last voice message...when you asked if I did something...were you referring to the chrysanthemums?

I just returned to the cafe and I noticed the purple chrysanthemums left on the doorstep. I checked the CCTV in the cafe and it looks like you were sleep-walking. I heard that some rare cases of hanahaki disease can cause a severe form of somnambulism along with insomnia. Check with the doctor once you get this message alright? Or call me if you need anything.

Love you.

*white freesia*