Sunflower: I only love you

I'm going to grow taller, just look at me.

And if I reach the sky through that narrow dark tunnel, I will shout out with all my heart-

I missed you. I have only loved you.

***

Brett dropped the butchered hand to the ground, his face white as snow. Brett frantically retreated backward with a crawl.

It can't be... oh god.

Brett recognized the ring that Eddy and Hannah got together as a couple. The bloody hand belonged to Hannah. But why? Why was this here? Did Justin do this? Why would Justin do such a horrible thing? Brett read the letter again with trembling hands, his teeth chattering.

I wish you all the best and I will do everything in my power to make it happen if there is anything that I can do. If you need any other help, just let me know, alright?

"I can make you happy."

"I want you to be happy."

Brett put his hand over his mouth to stop himself from screaming. A small whimper escaped through his covered mouth but the night was still silent, unknowing of this nightmare happening in his own backyard.

Does Justin have the key to his house still? Oh god, help.

Brett immediately looked around the backyard, feeling his hair stand on end. A shiver ran down his spine as the bushes behind him rustled to the wind. His heart was almost breaking out of his ribcage and he felt a cold sweat forming in his palm. What should he do?

Eddy.

What first came into his mind was probably what mattered to him most now. Would Justin harm Eddy too? Is Eddy safe right now? Where is Justin? Brett fumbled for his cellphone and pressed Justin's phone number with trembling hands. He had erased Justin out of his phone but still, he remembered the digits all too well in his head. Brett wanted to check, at least ask if the kind-hearted man he knew actually executed all these dreadful actions.

The signal was the longest Brett has ever waited in his entire life. His mouth felt dry as he bit his lips until it bled.

A few minutes later, Justin's warm voice rang from the voice mail.

"Hello, this is Justin. Due to a family emergency, I will be going out of the country for several days. The cafe will be closed until next week. If you have an urgent matter, please leave a voice mail. Thank you."

Beep -

"...Justin, this is Brett," Brett whispered into the voice mail.

Did Justin really go out of the country? Or is this just another lie to execute other ghastly plans... would he hurt Eddy eventually?

"...did you... did you do it?" Brett closed his eyes, trying to contain a sob. Brett wasn't sure what he was feeling was sadness or fear. Everything was so overwhelming that Brett just felt the urge to throw up everything.

"..just....give me a call when you hear this, alright?" Brett closed the cellphone, dry-heaving when he saw the dismembered hand again in front of him.

"Think, Brett, think," Brett slapped himself on the cheek, trying to stay focused.

What will happen if he calls the police and talks about Justin? Would they buy the story? The police already know Eddy was with Brett on the day of the murder, drinking. Wouldn't this lead to more suspicion that Eddy killed Hannah? Or maybe they will arrest them both?