Was My Favorite Season

My favorite time of year is finally here. Nights are longer, bonfires roar high, deer season is here, perfect fishing weather. The only problem is school and work. Wake up at 5am to go to school get out at 3pm, work at 4pm and don't get home til 11pm then do it all again the next day. I no longer had time for my favorite things.

Today started like all the others but at work around 8pm or so something odd and exciting changed my view on some things.

"Hey Luna will you come here," Dean yelled from the office. His normally quiet nature was gone at the moment.

"What's up Dean?" I walked into the 6 by 8 room we call an office. A counter wrapped around two walls with a computer the managers use and we often left phones to charge, snacks for everyone, and vapes above the safe.

Dean closed the door as I walked over and sat on the counter. The tall 6'3 man towered over me. "How much longer until you turn 18?"

"7 months, why?" I said.

"It's getting fucking hard for me to hide my feelings for you but your still underage," Dean gloomed.

"Dean, you've been smokin weed haven't you? Your not as quiet as usual, your eyes are red, and I smell it on you," I looked down. I hate seein him like this.

"That doesn't matter. Do you still love me?"

"Of course I do, which is why I don't wanna see you get in trouble over a stupid 5 year age gap."

Dean leaned down and placed a hand on my side, the other he used to take my hat off, then he put it on my cheek. I couldn't help myself, I reached up, removed his hat, placed one hand in his hair, and the other on his chest. His kiss was so soft and a bolt shot through me. I'd never felt this way kissing someone. His mustache and chin hairs tickled my face.

"I love you Luna," he held me tight and I gripped his shirt in my fist. Dean and I kept our foreheads against each other, I just wanted to stay close to him.

"Dean, I love you so much but we can't do this, not yet. You're gonna be 23 in four months, I'm still only 17. I wanna be with you, I do, but I don't wanna see you get in trouble," I pulled away from him and he had the look of a broken heart as I walked out the office door and went outside to my truck to smoke.

The rest of the night Dean and I kept our distance. We did what needed done for work but we didn't flirt or acknowledge what happened, honestly we barely spoke... to anyone. It sucks loving someone and knowing they love you but you can't do anything.

But before I went home, I knew Dean and I were both off tomorrow. I walked outside to my truck and Dean was leaning on my hood vaping. "Hey Dean, now that you've sobered up a little, have you ever been to Hillview Stables in London?"

"No, and look I know I shouldn't have kissed you but I did mean it. Why you asking about the pumpkin patch though?"

"My family is goin tomorrow to take my niece, nephew, and little cousin. Thought you might wanna join us, since we're both off. There's a petting zoo, corn mazes, pumpkin patch, hay bales that look like teddy bears and spiders, and a hay ride. We go almost every year and I think it's really fun."

"What time?"

"6ish. So you'll come?"

"I'll think about it and text you to let you know when I wake up. If I do go I'll meet you over there."

"Ok. Bring your bike and I might have to ask for a ride before you back to your house." I wrapped my hands around his neck and he put his hands around my waste.

"Babygirl..." he stared into my eyes. His blue eyes filled with lust.

"Yeah?" I wanna kiss you again so bad.