Chapter 2

Ayanokouji's POV

Nishino, Tokitou, and I decided to venture into the unknown, which was the 600000 square meter campus. The three of us skipped the cafeteria and went directly towards Pallet Cafe, which was on the first floor of the school complex. It was bustling with students, from upperclassmen in the second and third years, many students who got here first, like the ones from Class 1-B and 1-D. The upperclassmen typically purchased small coffees and maybe a pastry or two, while students in our batch ordered extravagant drinks and cakes. The only few upperclassmen that ordered such expensive drinks were the ones surrounding that blond ikemen, who had a girl under one arm and flirting with another. The only other notable upperclassman was the ginger-head with a sunflower hairpin, simultaneously chatting animatedly with one of the other girls and texting on her phone.

Tokitou had claimed one of the tables while Nishino and I fell in line to purchase drinks. I ordered a doppio for myself and a mocha for Tokitou while Nishino ordered a bunch of pastries and cakes to go with her frappe.

"That's a lot of cakes you got there. Are you sure you can finish them all?" I asked, concerned for her well-being.

"I bought some for you two, dumbass," she replied muffled, with a half-eaten anpan in her mouth.

"Good. I was worried you might get fat or someth—" I started before I was smacked in the back of the head.

"Die!" she said with a grin.

I couldn't explain it, but I was feeling a bit of warmth. I mean in my chest, not the back of my head. While it was an uncomfortable feeling, it was still pleasant for some reason. We walked to the table with our items, placing Tokitou's order in front of him.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, how do you do transactions with each other?" Tokitou asked both of us. We showed him how to do so, and I received the 500 points his mocha cost after a moment.

"Well? Dig in!" Nishino offered.

Tokitou immediately grabbed the castella while I remained indecisive. Nishino and Tokitou looked at me weirdly.

"What's wrong?" Nishino asked, concerned.

"I haven't had any of these before. I was put on a strict diet by my father, so I really haven't gotten the chance to taste any of this. Do you have any suggestions?" A strict diet of tasteless but nutritious sustenance. Food was not really important for us, but I learned how to cook a bit under the excuse of expressing my individuality when I really just wanted to satiate my curiosity. Normally in that place, I would probably be unable to learn how to do so because of the cost of purchasing the items, but because I was the last one in my generation, I was given free rein over my recreational pursuits. Unfortunately, I only learned how to make dishes at the professional level. However, dishes for home cooks escape me. Matsuo was visibly pulling his hair out when he discovered me failing to make scrambled eggs while I was able to make a soufflé. I never was able to taste any of my unhealthy creations, however. My father took them away to another facility for some reason.

"Wow, you really are a rich kid. Should I kneel in awe of your aura gorgeous?" Nishino teased while Tokitou suppressed a chuckle. Nishino passed me a strawberry shortcake and a spoon while Tokitou readied his phone.

"Sē-no~" Nishino said while I took a hesitant bite of my cake.

Wow, this cake is actually pretty good. I should buy Nishino a gift or something to show gratitude.

 I should buy Nishino a gift or something to show gratitude