Chapter 5

Ayanokouji's POV

*rrrrring*

Finally, it was lunchtime. Some students had left the class prior for an early break before lunchtime, like Manabe's clique and Oda Takumi's gang.

"Hey, Kiyotaka," Tokitou and Nishino swiveled their heads towards me, "Let's get lunch, yeah?"

"Alright sure," I replied. I honestly didn't feel like going to the convenience store today to pick up food and some of the free items. I also sensed an unease from Tokitou. Perhaps he's concerned about the situation that happened yesterday. As we stood up, I noticed the Kousetsu Fam collectively glance in our direction, Yoshimoto eyeing me specifically.

We left the class and headed towards the cafeteria, where a decently long line was already. Some of the freshmen students had queued early to get lunch quicker, in contrast to our upperclassmen who were near the end of the line like us. The method of ordering lunch was rather interesting. Ten people were allowed to go to the ten separate interactive kiosks where we had to input our selection for lunch. Then, we had to retrieve a ticket from the kiosk to present to the cafeteria workers who then gave you your order. I ordered the basic tofu lunch set with white rice and miso soup, Tokitou purchased yakisoba bread and yogurt drink, and Nishino ordered the curry lunch set. We found an open table and sat down.

"Have you calmed down enough?" Nishino asked Tokitou.

"Yeah, just thinking about what to do about the upcoming conflict," Tokitou sighed, "I know I'm not the strongest, so I hope someone like Oda takes the throne."

He continued, "He'd probably be willing to listen in, even if he's selfish. I wonder if he's a better fighter than Ishizaki, though. Ishizaki leading would be one of the worst outcomes for the class. Dumb boar."

"What about that big, burly guy?" I asked, "He probably might be the strongest."

"You're talking about Yamada, right? Big fella was polite and all when I spoke to him yesterday, but he's not assertive enough. He doesn't really like conflict much, so he'd probably avoid the hierarchy battle."

He'll be thrown into the hierarchy battle one way or another, unfortunately. It'll be a shame he won't get to enjoy an ordinary high school life, given the class we're in. The one who will drag him in will probably be...

"Forget all the heavy stuff, are you guys going to the club fair after classes are finished today?" Nishino interjected to lighten the atmosphere.

"I'll probably check it out. I'm not gonna join any clubs, but I want to see the sort of recreation students can join." I replied.

"I'd want to join the baseball club, but since this shit is coming up, I can't join. Maybe in second year when everything's settled," Tokitou followed up.

"I'm not feeling up for it either," Nishino commented, "Why not bring Manabe-san with you? I'm sure she'd be up for it if you asked."

"I'll ask if she's in class. I don't really want to bother her and her clique, you know. They might have plans."

"Right, you're pretty quiet. I wonder if you'll be able to keep up with that girl," Tokitou said, "Nah, she'll probably dominate you. Comparing the level of confidence between the two of you."

"Hiroya, please."

Timeskip

*rrrrring*

I turned my head left and opened my mouth.

"Hey, Kiyotaka-kun, let's go to the club fair, yeah?"

It seems like Tokitou was right. She'd probably be the one dominating me.