Chapter 15

Ayanokouji's POV

"Oh, what a pleasant day!" Ishizaki exclaimed enthusiastically, "Don't you think so too, Kondou-dono?"

"I concur, my good man," Kondou agreed with him before turning to his other friend, "What about you, Komiya-shi?"

"Indubitably, good sir," Komiya responded pompously, "Truly, such an exquisite happenstance has befallen us today."

The boys of our class were especially rowdy, the majority of them gathering around the Class C idiots' desks. One may ask, what is the cause of such difference in the liveliness today compared to other days? The answer; it was our class' designated swimming class today. The only boys that didn't participate in the crowd were Ryuuen, Kaneda, Yamada, Tokitou, and I — that is not to say that Tokitou didn't want to join in the idiocy. The only reason why he hadn't joined was that Takeko threatened to "bury her foot up his ass" if he decided to act like a lecher. Needless to say, Tokitou cowed to her threat, and rightfully so; she already kicked Ishizaki's ass the other day for acting like "Yamauchi from Class D", whoever that was. Based on my observations, that means an unrepentant pervert.

"Man, I couldn't get any sleep last night, hehe. This school's the best, ya feel me?"

"I couldn't help but rub one out, y'know, haha."

The shameless chatter from the rambunctious rabble could be heard from all corners of the room, making many of the girls shiver out of self-consciousness. The girls glared daggers at them when they had started making bets about breast sizes, Manabe and her closest friends shooting especially dirty looks in their direction. Eventually, the boys started to feel the weight of all the glares aimed at them, causing the group to disperse. Manabe approached my desk and sat on it, many eyes following her.

"Ne, Kiyotaka!" Manabe suddenly called out, "I hate that you're right. It's totes lame that I can't wear the swimsuit I tried out for you in the pool yet. I bet you were itching to see me all wet, huh?" she tried teasing me.

"Shiho, it doesn't matter to me whether you show me your swimsuit or not at the pool," I retorted, propping my face up with my hand, "I'd prefer to keep such a display... personal."

A few wolf whistles could be heard from my friends and Ryuuen as Manabe's face turned cherry. I decided that I liked seeing her blush. Her embarrassed face was quite an attractive look on her; her gap moe, greatly contrasting with her usual confrontational attitude. I wonder if she knew that I knew she was a bully. She did always try to hide it from me while I feigned ignorance. Truthfully, it didn't matter to me that she was a bully; she wasn't targeting my friends or me at all, so I didn't care much. I think the only reason why she got along with Nishino when their personalities would normally clash was that she feared pissing me off and driving me away. Well, it would. She does frequently target that Ibuki girl, someone with a similar personality. It was kind of like a moth to a flame. If she ever does piss Ibuki off that much, she'd probably run to her room with her tail tucked between her legs after she retaliates. I digress; I'll eventually have to fix her reckless bullying tendencies later, whether she likes it or not. It was inevitable that she'd get her comeuppance and be punished severely if I don't step in and correct her to use that means sparingly and methodically when the time calls for it.

Eventually, the teacher entered the classroom, beginning homeroom for the day, but not before he made an announcement.

"Ah, Class C, I have terrible news. Those recovering from their injuries may not participate in this swimming session; that is, a majority of the boys. Instead, they are to take the supplemental class and participate in a different swimming class at a later date this month. The girls and the boys unaffected by injury will be able to participate in the swimming session after lunch."