Chapter 2

Monday came and Summer drives the girls to school. First, dropping Ruby off at the middle school, then she drops off Yang at the high school.

"Have a great first day, sweetie." Summer said smiling.

"Okay, Mom. Love you." Yang said before getting out of the car.

She walks into the school and heads to the principal's office to get her schedule.

"Ah, Miss Xiao Long, come sit." the principal said when Yang entered his office.

Yang sits down and waits for the inevitable "you better not get into the kind of trouble you did at your last school, young lady" speech.

"Look, I'm gonna cut to the chase, you're here because you were expelled from your last school for burning the gym down. And I bet you're wondering if this is going to affect your stance at this school. Well I'll tell you right now that I don't care what you did there, that was then and this is now. And now is the chance for you to start fresh, and make better choices. So, just keep yourself away from trouble and we won't have any problems, understand?" the principal told Yang.

"Yes, sir. I'll be on my best behavior." Yang assured him.

"Good, now get to class." the principal replied.

When Yang gets to her first class, she sits next to a girl with white hair. She had a prissy princessy demeanor and had very expensive looking clothing.

"Are you new? I don't recognize you." the girl asked.

"Yeah, I'm Yang." Yang replied.

"I'm Weiss. Weiss Schnee." Weiss said holding out her hand for Yang to shake.

Yang recognized that name, the Schnees practically owned Sunnydale. She awkwardly shakes Weiss's hand then goes about doodling in her notebook.

"You have really nice nails, you should let me paint them during lunch." Weiss said grabbing Yang's hand with both of hers, examining her nails.

"What's with all the excuses to hold my hand? Are you into me or something?" Yang asked.

"What!? No!" Weiss said offended, dropping Yang's hand.

"I'm not a lesbian." she hissed, folding her arms.

"Sure, tell yourself that." Yang smirked.

"I have a boyfriend!" Weiss snapped.

"Doesn't mean you're not sapphic." Yang chuckled, adding a wink just to mess with miss prissy-pants.

"SHUT UP!" Weiss shouted springing out of her seat and slamming her hands on top of the desk.

Now everyone was staring at them as Weiss glared down at Yang, red-faced and fuming. Yang figured she probably went a little too far with the teasing and was about to apologize when the teacher walked in.

"Miss Schnee, take your seat, please." the teacher told her.

"Yes, sir, Dr. Oobleck." Weiss said calmly, sitting down.

As Oobleck begins his lesson, Weiss subtly passes a note to Yang that said, "I'm gonna make your life a living h*ll, b**ch".

"Oh great, my first day of school and I already made an enemy." Yang thought to herself.

Good thing her next two classes didn't have Weiss in them. When lunch rolled around, Yang went to the library to get a book for one of her classes.

"Hello? Is anyone in here?" Yang said, entering the library.

"I'm Glynda Goodwitch, the librarian. What is it you need, Miss Xiao Long?" a blonde woman with glasses said.

The woman's hair was in a neat bun with just a sliver of her bangs hanging out. She wore a black pencil skirt, a white blouse, and a dark purple cardigan.

"Umm, I'm looking for this book." Yang said giving Goodwitch a note with the title of the book written on it.

"It's over there." Goodwitch replied pointing to one of the book shelves.

As Yang was retrieving the book she needed, Goodwitch had come up behind her holding a very old large book with Vampyr written on the cover.

"Cool book, Ms. G." Yang said, a little nervously.

"Oh god, why is she showing me this? Does she know my secret? How did she find out I'm the Slayer!?" she thought frantically.

"It's for you." Goodwitch said placing the heavy book in Yang's arms.

"W-why is it for me?" Yang asked, looking around to see if anyone else was in the library.

"Yang, it's alright, I'm your new Watcher, you don't have to pretend to not know about vampires with me." Goodwitch assured her.

"Phew." Yang sighed in relief.

"So, what do I need this big-a** book for?" she asked the woman.

"For your training, of course." Goodwitch answered.

"Yeah, no thanks, I'm done with that sh*t." Yang said, handing the book back to Goodwitch.

"Yang, it's your destiny to be the Slayer, you're the chosen one. You can't just say "no thanks, I don't want to"." Goodwitch said placing the book onto a table.

"I don't care! I just wanna be a normal teenager!" Yang argued.

"Normal teenagers don't have enhanced strength, agility, and senses." Goodwitch argued back, placing her hands on her hips.

"I'm gonna go check out the book I came here for, then I'm gonna leave, and you're not gonna bother me anymore, or else you're gonna get a little taste of that Slayer-strength." Yang told Goodwitch.

Goodwitch doesn't respond, she simply takes the book from Yang, walks over to the front desk, and checks out the book on Yang's library card. Then she gives the book back to Yang.

"Thank you." Yang said before walking out of the library.

"You can't run from your destiny, Yang." Goodwitch mumbled to herself as she went back to her librarian duties.

Unknown to the librarian, a blonde boy in a black hoodie with a picture of a cartoon rabbit on it emerges from behind a book shelf with a confused expression.

"What the heck was all that?" the boy whispered to himself.

Meanwhile in the girl's locker room, Weiss is talking with her friends as they changed into their gym clothes.

"And then she accuses me of being a lesbo. Can you believe that!?" Weiss said, wiping off her makeup so she doesn't smear it during gym.

"Wow, really?" one of Weiss's friends snickered in disbelief.

"Yes! I mean, who does she think she is, accusing me of such a thing!? Schnees aren't queer, we're above things like...that." Weiss sneered, putting her makeup wipes back into her purse.

"She is so going to regret insulting me like that. If she wants a piece of the Ice Queen of Sunnydale High, she's gonna get it." she grumbled fiddling with the padlock on her gym locker.

The second Weiss opens her gym locker, the dead body of some random dude flops out, causing everyone in the girl's locker room to scream their heads off and run away. When they tell the gym teacher what happened, she immediately calls the police. During all that commotion, no one noticed the two holes on the side of his neck.