Chapter 3

Yang was getting a bottle of water from the vending machine when the boy from the library came up behind her and tapped her shoulder. Startled, Yang grabs him and quickly pins him to the vending machine.

"Woah, woah, woah! Chill!" the boy said holding his hands up in surrender.

"Dude, don't sneak up on a gal like that." Yang told him.

"Okay, sorry, I honestly didn't mean to startle you like that. I just wanted to talk to you." the boy replied.

"I'm Jaune by the way." he added with a friendly/nervous smile.

"What do you want, John?" Yang asked, pressing Jaune against the vending machine more firmly.

"It's Jaune, you know, like jaundice, but without the "dice" part." Jaune told her.

"Just tell me what you want already, Jaune." Yang said growing impatient.

"I overheard you and the librarian talking about destiny and vampires, and slaying. I just want some clarification about what all that meant." Jaune said.

Nervous sweat formed on her brow as she frantically thought of a lie to tell Jaune, so he won't discover her secret.

"The librarian and I were talking about a....role playing game that....we both play." Yang lied.

"Really? You and the librarian play RPGs together?" Jaune asked, raising an eyebrow.

"....yes...." Yang replied, pressing her lips into a thin line.

"Come on, I may not be the brightest student in this school, but I'm not a complete and total moron." Jaune sighed.

"Look, I don't have to explain myself to you. Just forget what you thought you heard or else I'll break your legs." Yang threatened.

Jaune nods, then Yang lets go of him. As she's trying to get to one of her classes, Yang sees a hallway full of students huddled around the girl's locker room. When Yang pushes her way to the front of the crowd, she saw that the girl's locker room was blocked off by police tape.

"What's the police doing here? Did somebody find drugs inside someone's locker or something?" Yang asked a girl with ginger hair and a pink t-shirt with the words "It's hammer time!" on it.

"More like a dead body!" the girl replied.

"What!?" Yang replied, feeling an intense dread in the pit of her stomach.

"Yeah, some dead guy just flops out of Ice Queen's gym locker like this..." the red haired girl said then flops into the waiting arms of the boy standing next to her, sticking out her tongue and crossing her eyes.

"Ice Queen?" Yang asked confused.

"She's talking about Weiss Schnee." the boy holding the redhead replied.

"I'm Ren. And this goofball is my girlfriend, Nora." he added introducing himself and the redhead.

"I'm Yang, I'm new." Yang told the pair.

"Well, welcome to Sunnydale, Yang!" Nora said enthusiastically, vigorously shaking Yang's hand.

"Huh, I think you're actually the first person to say that to me." Yang said, leaning her weight on one of her feet and placing a hand on her hip.

"So does anyone know what happened to the dead guy?" she asked.

"I overheard something about two small puncture wounds on his neck. The police think he was stabbed with a barbecue fork." Ren replied.

"*gasp* See, Ren! I told you barbecue forks are evil! I mean, remember that one episode of Supernatural!?" Nora exclaimed.

Yang tuned out the rest of the conversation. She had a deep gut feeling that the wound on the man's neck wasn't caused by a barbecue fork.

"Attention, students! Due to today's unfortunate circumstances, I'm cutting the school day short. Please contact your parents or guardians to come pick you up." the principal said over the intercom.

"Yay! We get to leave school early!" Nora cheered.

"Nora, someone died!" Ren said appalled.

"Oof, yeah, that's a bummer." Nora grimaced.

"Yang. Come on, I'm taking you to my place until Summer gets off work." Qrow said walking up to his niece.

"In a minute, Uncle Qrow, I have something I need to do first. I'll meet you at your car." Yang told her uncle.

"Okay, kiddo." Qrow nodded.

As she made her way back to the library, Yang curses her life. A vampire in Sunnydale was the last thing Yang wanted right now, but she couldn't ignore it and let someone else die.

"Yo! Ms. G! Where are you? I need to have a discussion with ya!" Yang called out rushing into the library.

"I'm in my office!" Goodwitch called back.

When Yang enters Goodwitch's office, she closes the door behind her.

"Did you hear about the body in the girl's locker room?" Yang asked the older woman.

"Yes, I did." Goodwitch replied, nodding in affirmation.

"Was it a vampire that did it?" she asked in a serious tone.

"Looks like it." Yang huffed.

"So, what are we gonna do? How are we gonna find the vamp that did this?" she asked, pacing back and forth.

"I'll try to get as much information as I can from the police and will contact you to meet me here so we can figure out where to go from there." Goodwitch answered.

She hands Yang a notepad and pen and tells her to write her cellphone number on it. Once she did that, Yang gives the librarian her notepad back then leaves the library. Yang sits in the passenger seat of her uncle's car with an exasperated growl.

"You okay, firecracker? You didn't see the body, did you?" Qrow asked.

"No. I'm just...upset that my first day of my new school got ruined." Yang mumbled, slumping in her seat.

"I'm sorry your first day didn't go the way you wanted." Qrow said patting his niece's knee.

"It was total sh*t. First, I accidentally piss off the richest girl in school and quite possibly made myself her arch enemy, and then a f**king dead body gets found on school premises!" Yang grumbled, skipping the part about meeting her new Watcher and the fact that the dead guy was probably killed by a vampire.

"Want me to pick up Ruby from the middle school?" Qrow asked, starting the car.

"Nah, just because my first day of school got ruined doesn't mean we have to ruin Ruby's." Yang replied shaking her head.

During the car ride to Qrow's house, Yang's mind was all over the place. She was a fool to think she could just move to a new town and leave being the Slayer behind. Yang wishes she didn't have to be the Slayer anymore, but in order for there to be a new Slayer, the current one would have to die...and that is something Yang doesn't want happening anytime soon. So, it looks like the blonde teenager is just going to have to suck it up and accept her destiny and slay some vamps. And first on the chopping block is the vampire behind the body found at the school.