Chapter 4

When Qrow and Yang got to Qrow's house, Clover was there replacing the oil in his car.

"Hey, what are you two doing out of school so early?" Clover asked.

"A dead body was found in the girls' locker room." Yang replied, slinging her backpack over her shoulder and heading inside.

"A what!?" Clover cried out in shock, shooting up from where he was bent over his car's engine, bumping his head on the open hood.

"What happened? Was it a student? A teacher?" he asked Qrow, worriedly.

He closes the car's hood, then wipes off the oil on his hands with a rag that he next shoves into his back pocket.

"It was just some random dude, the police are investigating it. I didn't feel like sticking around to ask questions, I wanted to get Yang out of there as soon as possible." Qrow explained.

"So...Yang's first day of school was a bust?" Clover replied.

"Yep." Qrow nodded.

"Can you go in and make sure Yang's alright while I tell Summer what's going on? She said she was fine, but..." he asked his boyfriend.

"Sure, honey." Clover said, giving Qrow a quick kiss before heading inside.

In the house, Yang is lounging on the couch, looking at her phone, waiting for Goodwitch to text her the information she needed.

"Would you like something to drink, Yang?" Clover offered.

"Sure." Yang shrugged.

Clover grabs a Gatorade from the fridge and gives it to Yang, sitting next to her on the couch. Then he turns on the TV and lets Yang choose what to watch.

"Did Uncle Qrow ask you to "check on me"?" Yang asked as she scrolled through a streaming site.

"That, he did." Clover answered.

"So....aren't you gonna grill me or something?" Yang questioned.

"Nah, I figured the best way to make sure you're okay was to give you some company while also giving you your space." Clover said.

"Thanks, today was....frustrating." Yang said with a slight smile.

But there was at least something good that came out of today. She met three decent people that had possible friend potential, so there was that.

Ms. G: Yang, I got information from the cops and based on it, it was definitely a vampire who killed that man.

Yang: Cool so do you know any places vampires like to frequent?

Ms. G: Perhaps you could try the town cemetery tonight.

Yang: Yeah, that would probably be the best place for a vamp to be. See ya tomorrow, I guess.

Yang waits until after dinner to get ready to go out vampire slaying. She packs a few stakes and two wooden crosses into a mini backpack she uses instead of a purse...Yang wasn't a purse kind of gal. Unfortunately, her bottle of holy water was empty.

"Aw, d*mn, didn't realize I was out. Uhg, this stuff is hard to get....maybe Goodwitch will know how to get some." Yang said to herself sticking the empty bottle back into her secret weapons stash.

Then with her heightened slayer senses, Yang heard her sister step up to her bedroom door and begin to open it. So, she quickly closes the trunk full of weapons and shoves it back under her bed along with the bag, then leans against the footboard of her bed acting natural all before her sister could fully open her door.

"Hey, Rubes, whatcha doing?" Yang asked her sister.

"Mom's making ice cream sundaes, want one?" Ruby replied.

She then noticed that Yang was dressed in her brown leather jacket and her boots instead of pajamas.

"Are you going out?" Ruby asked.

"Yeah, yes I am." Yang replied quickly.

"Are you going to that place, The Bronze? I heard it's a popular club all the high schoolers hang out at." Ruby said.

"Mhm, I'm meeting up with some friends." Yang lied.

"Wait, you already made friends? How do you always make friends so quickly?" Ruby pouted.

Ruby's a shy girl who's always had trouble making friends. She was actually just starting to make friends before Yang's little "burned down the school gym" stunt and they had to pack up their life and move.

"Can I come with?" Ruby asked excitedly.

"Umm...I don't know...." Yang stammered.

"Oh...okay, I get it. You don't want your little baby sister tagging along with you and your new cool friends." Ruby sighed, her smile dropping.

"Wait, no, Ruby, it's not like that." Yang said as Ruby walked away, hanging her head sadly.

Yang groans into her hands, feeling like a total buttwad. She hated that she accidentally hurt her sister's feelings.

"I'll make it up to her tomorrow." Yang said to herself, grabbing her bag.

She lets her parents know she was "heading out with friends", her dad explicitly mentioning that her curfew was 11:00 and no later. Once Yang was out the door, Yang googles where The Bronze is. She thought it'd be best to check the place out if she was going to use it as her alibi for the night. At The Bronze, Weiss waits impatiently for her boyfriend to show up.

"Hey, babe!" a tall brunette boy said coming up behind Weiss and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Gah! Cardin! I told you not to sneak up on me like that!" Weiss grumbled, wriggling herself out of Cardin's arms and smacking his chest.

"And you're late. You were supposed to meet me here thirty minutes ago!" she added, folding her arms across her chest and stomping her foot.

"Aww, I'm sorry, baby. I just lost track of time." Cardin said with a charming smile.

He grabs Weiss's hips and gently pushes her against a nearby wall, his height towering over hers.

"I'll make it up to you." Cardin said leaning in.

Cardin goes in for a kiss, but is stopped by Weiss blocking his lips with her hand.

"Oh, you will make it up to me. By buying me a smoothie. Until then, your touching and kissing privileges are revoked." Weiss said pushing Cardin's face away and shoving his hands off of her.

Weiss storms off towards the smoothie bar, with her nose stuck up in the air, Cardin trailing behind her dutifully.

"What's up with you tonight?" Cardin asked her as he paid for her smoothie.

"Well, other than the inconvenient dead body that showed up in my gym locker, this new girl accuses me of being a lesbian." Weiss answered with a disgusted look on her face.

"Mmm, I don't know. I think it'd be kinda hot to see the two of ya make out." Cardin giggled, licking his lips.

"Don't be gross, Cardin!" Weiss snapped, smacking Cardin's shoulder with her purse.

When Yang arrives at The Bronze, Weiss sees her walking in, making her scowl deeper. She scoots closer to her boyfriend and puts her hand on his arm in a flirtatious manner. She was hoping Yang would see this and realize that she was wrong about her liking girls.