Chapter 9

The group burst threw the earth pules rift an came out in n unknown location but at least they found Magilou who by the looks of it had been battling Melchior. Speaking of him he looked halved amused "So you have come face to face with Innominat. If so, you must know that your quest for revenge is utterly meaningless." Velvet hung her head a bit "yeah I did I know why sadness fills the world and how deep are the burdens of sin. I tried to abandon my memories of Arthur and Laphicet to cut myself of from it all and end the tragedy. It's what they would have wanted." Melchior started stroking his beard. "Exactly you would do well to know your place." Velvet continued "But that's exactly why I can't forgive them, Not Artorius not Innominat. I Know my heart is ugly and full of contradictions. But those days we spent to together in familiar warmth it proofs that I... no all of us were truly alive." She said her eyes filled a gentle warmth. She looked up with a fire of determination not Vengeances burning in her eyes. "That why no matter how hard or how sad it gets. I will take my Vengeances to the very end."

"don't be a fool just give up and die like you ought! It is your destiny to wallow in despair." Melchior said "Who are you to decide someone's destiny. You take my Velvets family you turn her into a monster and now you want her soul to, now who's being the fool." (Y/N) as he staired Melchior down. Melchior look at (Y/N) with anger in his eyes "Traitor you who had the potential to succeed lord Artorius and become the next Shepard. You whom the other Legits shared our knowledge and skills with freely and who are loved by all people. You have thrown all of it away because of your feelings for this unholy monster." (Y/N) pointed a finger at the old man. "A world where I can't love Velvet, I would rather die than live in that world. know this Melchior the lord of calamity will never give up even in the face of death.

Time skip

The van eltia docked back in Hellawes and Velvet was worried about (Y/N) for nearly the whole trip he had been passing back and forth. She final went over and asked what was wrong. "Velvet we need to awaken the four empyreans on the scarlet night at Mount Killaraus but there are two problems. One there are four Empraines to awaken and you only have the souls Oscar and his sister within you we need two more. Number two if we manage to get the souls into the volcano there is a chance that there could be an eruption that would destroy the mining town of Meirchio. But." (Y/N) spread his hand wide. "The brilliant legate (Y/N) has a plan that will solve all our problems." He said with a flamboyant voice. Velvet smiled "Is Magilou rubbing off on you?" she said with a smile. (Y/N) smiled back "Your just lucky her chest is flat as a board or I might have fallen of her."

"Ok remind me again what the plan is again I forgot." Phi asked "(Y/N) will entered the town ahead of us the rest of us will entered one at a time with ten-minute gaps then Velvet will enter and start attacking the town and (Y/N) will engage her in battle and lose on purpose. This will scare the people away from the town thus removing them from danger." Eizen said. (Y/N) entered the snow-covered town. The first thing he did was headed toward the church. There weren't many people inside. (Y/N) sat down in a pew and started to pry "Please let my plan work." He said as all the stress of the past few days come out. A priest came over this side. "Legate (Y/N) what are you doing here?" "Ah father I need guidance might I speak with you in privet." "Of course, sir fallow me."

Nearly an hour passes until Velvet broke down the front gate and started to attack the town within minutes (Y/N) and Tenebrae arrived and started to battel Velvet and (Y/N) battled in the open area of town. The fight itself was getting the intended affect the towns people were cheering (Y/N) on to victory while cursing Velvet. The two put there back into the fight striking hard blows against each other. Velvet blocked the oncoming hammer with the open palm of demonic hand. The two staired at each other as the hammer and hand applied more pressure on each other. Velvet very subtly nodded her head of which (Y/N) returned. Velvet closed her hand on the hammer and flung it along with him over her had causing him to let go of his hammer as he was flung back first into an iron pole. Tenebrae leapt at Velvet only for her to back hand the dog knocking him out.