ten

Today is my first day of being the Lady's personal handmaiden.Nervous is an understatement.This is..a lot of pressure.It's sort of hard to handle, but I'm sure i'll manage.I always do don't I?

       Right, my least favorite part of the day.Waking up.

I sigh and swing my legs over the side of my bed and look out the window behind me.It's barely dawn, and fog dusts the window.The usual flock of crows fly overhead the castle once more and I shudder.Those crows make me uneasy for whatever reason, i've never really understood it.

I stand up and do my morning routine, no change here, but there definitely will be soon.You think I'll get special accommodations for being the highest rank?What if i get to skip out on making breakfast? Or I get to eat with the ladies of the castle? Ah—what am I thinking.That's not what happened to the first personal handmaiden and it's certainly not what's going to happen to me.

I exit my room and tread down the halls, off to the Lady's chambers.

I hear the familiar sound of buzzing from behind and crack a small smile that fades quickly.I hope it's Bela, shes always sweet.

"Y/n?" I hear Daniela's voice call.

      I turn and offer a smile and bow."My lady."

She rolls her eyes at the gesture but says nothing."So, you excited for your very first day of being mother's personal handmaiden?I know I am!" she says with a wide grin, rushing over to me and draping her arms over my shoulders, leaning on me.

           I giggle."I suppose.It is quite anxiety inducing, my lady.I've never had such a title."

           She snickers."Oh relax, so long as you're a personal anything, you won't be getting hurt anytime soon.Though your blood is just divine..."She licks her lips and narrows her eyes at my neck."Ah ah ah! That won't do!You need all the energy you can get on your very first day.Apologies, lovebug." She says as she stands up to her full height, slapping herself playfully on her cheeks.

           She looks down at me.I'm awfully short so she practically looms over me.She turns me around to face the other way."Now now" she says "you better get a move on, mother doesn't like to wait."

Super super short chapter today, I know, but i wanted to get a chapter out after not having updated for so long.Hi!! i'm not dead unfortunately, and will continue updating this book.Are you prepared for the next chapter?