viente.

You watched as she waved goodnight and closed her door. You held onto the cheek she kissed in complete disbelief. That really just happened. She tried to kiss you! Then, she actually kissed your cheek! On purpose! 

You walked home feeling conflicted.

You told Naruto earlier that you felt it's wiser to stay single for a long while. But you said that never thinking that Rose would make a move! How could you possibly say no to her?!

What a predicament this is.

You decided, for now, to get some rest and figure out what to do after a night's rest.

                                                                ❀⑅❀

A few days past and you still weren't sure how to go about things with Rose. You went on a walk to clear your mind and before you knew it, it was late afternoon and you ended up in the park sitting by a small fountain.

Somehow, Hinata found you.

"(y/n)."

"Hinata. What are you doing here?"

"Looking for you. Rose called me saying she was a little worried about you. She hasn't heard from you in a while."

"I know. I'm just feeling a little conflicted right now?"

"About what?"

"Rose."

"Why?"

"Because she tried to kiss me the other day. The day we had our dates."

"Oh! Does she like you again?"

"It seems so." Hinata noticed how distressed you were sounding.

"I don't understand, I thought this would be a good thing."

"It should be but Hinata, I'm not completely over you yet. Yes, most of my feelings for you have faded before you ask but, I'm not ready. And I don't wanna mess my chances with Rose."

You took in a deep breath before sharing your next thought.

"I didn't even think I could get another chance with a girl like her."

"Then you should try to make this most of this moment."

"Hinata, I think I was in love with you before. Anything you did, you had me. The way your hair would get pushed in the wind, your strength, how sweet you are with everyone, the effort you put into yourself, your smile alone was enough to make me melt."

She blushed heavily at the last statement. It only made you chuckle this time.

"But, I always wanted you to be my best friend more than anything. You've been there for me through one of the toughest times of my life growing up. So maybe I was bound to fall in love with you because honestly, who wouldn't?"

You took another breath to gather the rest of your thoughts.

"But, maybe these feelings are supposed to be fleeting, we are still so young and have so much ahead of us." You turned to meet eyes with her.

"I really am sorry that I was such a jerk during our date."

"I've forgiven you for that."

"Doesn't mean I can't apologize for hurting my best friend."

You let out a deep sigh.

"Hinata, I had pretty strong feelings for you. I owe it, mostly, to myself, to move on from you properly. As much as I would love to date Rose . . . I'm just not ready right now."

"I think you should talk to her then and tell her that you're not ready right now for her."

You grunted and grabbed the top of your head in frustration.

"What if I'm never ready for her Hinata?"

"Then you're never ready. But you won't know until you do your best to move forward. Not just for Rose but for yourself."

". . . Yeah . . ."

She reached over to give you a big hug and you smelled her hair again. She was using a new shampoo. You slowly pulled her away for a moment.

"Nice shampoo." She became bashful.

"What?!"

"I'm just saying. I wanted to let you know. I'm sure Naruto will like it if he's smart enough to notice."

". . .You think so?"

"I know so." She leaned in for another hug and you held her this time. It sucked letting Hinata go but it looked like you needed to talk to her and let out whatever romantic emotions you had left for her. It didn't hurt to tell her that Naruto would like her new shampoo. That's probably why she got a new shampoo.

You hoped he'd notice if not, you'll call him an idiot for not noticing sooner.

                                                             ❀⑅❀

After making it home for dinner, your parents noticed that you were feeling kind of down. You were ready not to explain the whole situation to them. But, then you thought about the helpful advice they tend to have and told them everything. 

"This is quite the predicament."

"Dad!"

"But you already said you're not ready to date her because you want to move on from Hinata first. If she's really your friend, she'll understand that."

"Your mother's right. Try not to worry yourself sick over this son."

You didn't even think of that. Hearing your parents say that made you feel a weight was off your shoulders. You were able to enjoy the rest of your dinner and went straight to bed. You actually felt good about talking to Rose. You also felt a lot better talking to Hinata about how you felt about her and getting that off your chest. 

You know you don't want to get over Hinata honestly. But, she's your best friend, and you want to be happy for her blossoming relationship. You want to be supportive - as much as it may hurt sometimes. 

You told yourself if it's really meant to be with Hinata then, it'll happen when it's meant to happen, if not, at least she'll still be in your life.