viente tres.

The time came for your team to set out on the mission to look for any leads to the missing ninjas. You didn't expect things to get too difficult but lives were on your hands right now and your team planned to do everything they could with this one. 

You said goodbye to everyone last night but you woke up early this morning to say bye to Rose. You knew you were going to miss her the most so you want to say bye to her again. She gave you a kiss on the cheek and you showed a big smile. As you were traveling to your destination, you thought about the kiss. It really brightened your day.

"Okay, boss, we're coming up on where the first ninja disappeared," Kaito said. 

"Okay. Let's look everywhere for clues. The smallest thing can help future teams with the search."

Your team looked all over in the first location and didn't want to leave until something was found. But it was starting to feel like nothing was left behind. 

"This has to have been a professional job. There doesn't seem like anything was left behind here." Futaba said.

"I know, but we have to keep searching. No one is perfect enough to leave no trace behind."

"But we can't spend the whole first day looking in the same spot."

"Well, we're gonna be on this mission for a couple of months so if we have to spend a week here, then we're gonna have to spend a week here until we found something here or in neighboring areas."

                                                          ❀⑅❀

By the third day, you were starting to feel it was probably best to move on.

"Guys, I think you were right, if we can't find anything new, we probably won't the longer we're here."

"Hey! I found something up here!" You and Futaba went up in one of the rocky areas. "I found a tiny piece of paper. It looks like it was torn from something, maybe someone dropped it."

"Hmm. A piece of paper usually means nothing but it does look like it might have some text on it. Amazing job Kaito. Let's put it away and move on." You felt a huge wave of relief. You almost felt like a loser for leading your team in the wrong direction. You were glad that you followed your gut and stayed as long as it took to find something. 

"Gotcha boss. Good thing you said to stay a little longer."

"I was actually just saying  to Futaba that you two were right and that we should move on. You finding that was awesome timing. Let's start moving on to the next location."

At the next location, your team did the same thing, stayed for a few days, and was able to find  more clues at the second location. So you decided to stay a couple of more days just in case. 

Nothing else was found.

Making your way over to the next location, you three found a deployed trap. 

"Looks like someone is trying to hide evidence?" Futaba mentioned after scanning the area. 

"Could be. Let's check out the trap and be very careful."

There didn't seem to be anything in the trap. Whoever it was for didn't seem to fall for it.

"This mission is really starting to blow." Mentioned Kaito. 

"I know but we're doing great so far, given the circumstances."

"It doesn't feel that way."

"When it comes to progress, you don't always feel like you're on the right track. But trust me, I think we're doing well with what we have."