viente uno.

The next day came and you woke up a little earlier than usual. It's been a while since you've felt good about the day ahead of you. Things were a little crazy these past few days and you thought it would do you some good to go on a morning walk, maybe get some training in today. 

You woke up before your parents, so you thought, they went for a morning walk this morning. You found a note on the counter. You thought it would be nice to make your own breakfast and made some tea. 

It felt nice and cozy to have your breakfast and some fresh tea. It was a relaxation that you haven't felt in a long time. 

After breakfast, you decided to go straight to the training grounds. You were surprised to see who you saw there. 

"Good morning Shikamaru, surprised to see you here so early."

"Good morning, (y/n). I know, I'm usually still asleep but something got me up today."

"I see. Gonna get some training in today?"

"Not really, just gonna take advantage and watch some clouds. It's been a long time since I've been able to not worry about anything and take my mind off things."

"I hear you. . . Hey, mind if I ask you something?"

"Shoot."

"I've been curious, since the mission of getting Sasuke back, if Naruto ever came up with a plan."

"Honestly, his plan is just to become stronger and go looking for him with whoever is willing to help."

"I see. . . "

"You look . . concerned?"

"I am. I worry about his relationship with Hinata since he doesn't seem to let this Sasuke thing go."

"Ah right, I heard that they've been spending more time together. Who knows. You know how Naruto can get, once he's made up his mind about something, he won't stop until he reaches his goal. No matter how long it takes."

"Right. . . that's what I'm afraid of."

"Well, what I can say is that he seems to be crazy about Hinata. But, he seems crazier about this whole Sasuke thing. I mean it's hard when you feel like you've finally made a friend, after the past he had, and your friend gets taken away from you."

". . . I can understand that . . ."

"Yeah, so I'd say try not to worry so much. I wanna believe that Naruto will take good care of Hinata."

"And if he doesn't?"

"Then Hinata can take care of herself." You were surprised to hear how serious he got.  But, he was right, Hinata is a very capable woman. You just can't help but be a worrying friend.

"Wanna cloud watch together? Seems like you need it now."

"It's not my thing but thanks for the offer."

"Anytime. The offer is always there. Could do you some good to forget about some things for a while."

"That's what I got training for."

"Suit yourself." You watched as Shikamaru made himself comfortable and you walked more towards the training grounds to get a session in.

                                                                                         ❀⑅❀

You ended up really getting into training and lost track of time. Too bad for that morning walk but at least you got a lot of training in and felt closer to developing some new jutsus. Since it was still early afternoon, you decided to get some grocery shopping done. You walked into town and ended up bumping into Rose who was doing some grocery shopping too. 

"Rose."

"(y/n), what a happy coincidence seeing you here." She didn't look mad about not talking to her for a handful of days.

"You're not mad at me?"

"Well, I can't be all that mad when it was me that started everything. Are you mad at me?"

"I can't be mad at you over something like that."

"That's good. Are we good?"

"I'd say so."

"Awesome, what are you shopping for?"

"Whatever's ran out at the house. You?"

"Snacks. I ate them all."

"That sounds like you." You both giggled and finished shopping together. You decided to walk her home since it was going to be time to prepare for dinner soon. You also thought this would be a good time to talk about what's been on your mind lately.

"Can I talk to you about something?"

"You can talk to me about anything."

"Rose, I'm sorry to say this but I'm not ready to date right now, and I haven't been for a while. I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner."

"It's okay, I understand. I'm sorry for coming on so strong."

"You're okay with it?"

"Well, Hinata was telling me about the talk you two had and you sounded pretty torn up about everything. You must really like me huh?"

"I never stopped liking you. I was in a place where I found feelings for two people and it messed me up. I'm still sorry about how I acted back then. I really want to focus on myself and being a good friend to you."

"I can understand that."

"I'm glad. I want things to be good between us in that regard as well. I still want us to be really good friends."

"I'd say we still are. I know I'm going to be bummed out for a little bit but I'll get over it."

"Thanks for understanding."

"Anytime. This is me. Wanna get dinner together soon?"

"Sure thing. Um, just us or with everyone?"

"You choose."

"Rose . . ."

"Okay, a dinner for us - for how much stronger our friendship is becoming."

"Sounds good. I'll see you soon then."

"See you soon." You smiled and gave her a friendly goodbye kiss on the cheek. Making your way back home, you thought it would be a nice idea to surprise your parents and make dinner for them. It's been a long time.