dieciocho.

It didn't take you long to find Naruto. When you spotted him, he was with Hinata. It made you a little nervous at first but you reminded yourself that she was going to be the second person you were going to apologize to.

"Naruto! Hinata!"

"Oh hey(y/n)! Where you've been? Feels like you've been gone a while."

"Yeah. I went on a camping trip with sensei. Needed to be one with nature." Why did you say it like that?

"I mean, I needed some time away . . to think about some things. But, I'm back now and I was actually looking for Naruto."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. I was going to look for Hinata next so it's great that I found you two together."

"Yeah? . . . " Hinata asked slightly worried. You got that she wanted to know if her dating Naruto still bothered you. It didn't anymore.

"Yeah . . . Listen Naruto. I'm sorry, man. I was completely out of line when you came back. I should have just talked to you, guy to guy about where I was at. I was wrong about the things I did and said to you. I'm sorry."

"Oh wow. Thanks for that. Of course, I accept your apology!" Naruto went in for a friendly hug. You received and returned it. That was when you gave all of your attention to Hinata.

"Hinata. I can never be sorry enough for what I did and put you through. It wasn't right. I should have been a better friend. You deserve a better friend and I'm going to do my best, moving forward, to be just that. I hope you can forgive me."

"I think I will over time." She playfully smiled.

"I deserve that." You went in to give her a long and warm hug. You missed being on good terms with her. You were such a jerk when she is someone dear to you. You weren't planning on being that way again to her.

"I'm glad I was able to give you two the apology you deserve. I was thinking about what I could say to you two all weekend. I'm glad I didn't mess it up"

"No, you did great, man. We really appreciate it. Right, Hinata?"

"We do." She smiled. It made you smile too. Okay, I have one more person to apologize to. I'll see you guys around." You started jogging away and stopped mid-step.

"Oh! And Hinata! I don't know if I ever said it but . . . I'm really happy for you two!" You meant it. You waved at them goodbye and continued jogging while practicing your last apology in your head. You were really hoping for it to go well.

It didn't take you long until you arrived at her place but it did take you a while to gather up the courage to ring the doorbell. You hoped with all your might that she would be the one to answer the door.

It was her mother.

"(y/n)! How are you?"

"I'm doing well. Thank you for asking. And you?"

"Great! Thank you. Are you looking for Rose?"

"I am."

"Sorry, she isn't home at the moment."

"That's okay. Can you tell her I was looking for her?"

"Sure thing. It was really nice seeing you."

"Nice seeing you too." You were relieved that speaking with her mother went well. You could have asked where she could be but you didn't want to surprise her like that. You can wait for her.

❀⑅❀

Before heading home, you decided to buy some ice cream for the house and a soft serve for the road. You were enjoying your ice cream when you noticed Rose. She was by herself, on the floor and crying?