CHAPTER 3 - MYSTERY

ɴᴇxᴛ ᴅᴀʏ

Raavi decided to visit Pandya house yesterday night as it was Sunday and she needed her book for some assignment.

"I'll be back in an hour", Raavi says in a rush.

"But wait, where are you going? It's Sunday!", Anita asks.

"I left my book to one of my friend so I'm just going to take it back."

"Ok"

- - -

ʀᴀᴀᴠɪ's ᴘᴏᴠ

I'm at the door of the Pandya house. I hear footsteps coming towards. The door opens revealing a woman. As far as I think it's Dhara, Shiva's bhabi. I don't know her personally but I've seen her or heard about her.

"Yeah?", She asks. "Oh- hi I- I am Raavi.", I say. "I'm Dhara. What do you want?". "Uh- I'm actually here for Shiva. Is he home?", As soon as I say Shiva's name I see her expression falling. "Yeah he is", she says in an annoyed tone. She lets me to enter the house. The house isn't that huge but it's pretty. She leds me to the room in the very corner end of the house. Even if it's morning it seems really dark at this place. "There you go", she says and leaves.

I hesitate before entering the room but finally gather my confidence and enter. As I enter I see Shiva sitting on this bed, his back towards me. I go near him and put my hand on his shoulder. He flinches and turns his head towards me. I take my hand backwards in a rush.

"Wh- what- what are you doing here?", He asks quietly but loud enough to hear. "Uh,- I was just here to take-  my book which you- uh accidentally took yesterday", I say. "Oh I didn't knew sorry that was a m- mistake", he says still his voice quiet. "It's okay".

He stands up to take his bag which is on the desk. I see his legs trembling. While heading towards the desk he suddenly trips and in meantime I hold him. "A- are you okay", I ask with a concern. He doesn't says anything. I take him to the bed and make him sit. "Hey- you okay?", I ask again. "Uh- um- y- yeah Im- I'm fine.", He says. As I sit beside him I notice a white handkerchief folding on his arm, covered with blood. He looks at me as I was looking at his hand with a serious concern on my face. "How did that happen even?", I ask "that looks horrible and you didn't even do the dressing correctly!". "I- I fell", He says not making an eye contact which makes me believe that he is lying. "I didn't knew falling could make that. Where fid you fell even?", I ask suspiciously. He stays quiet for a moment before speaking, "I fell from my bike". "Oh", I say still not believing him.

I reach to hold his hand and as soon as I do he flinches and takes his hand off mine which makes me gasp. "Wh- what are you doing?", He asks. "I- I was just helping. That needs dressing otherwise it may cause infection.", I say looking at this wound. "You don't need to care about that!" , He says, his tone mixed with a little bit of anger and sadness. He stands up and takes my book out of his bag and hands it to me "here's your book. You may leave now". I stand up, not annoyed but still concerned. As I reach to him to take my book, I look up to his eyes which are red like blood and seems like has cried seas. My concern and suspect grows but I still don't say anything. "Thanks!", I say and head towards the door. "see you again Shiva", I say looking back and leave.

"You done?", Dhara asks as she watches me leave. "Yeah. Thanks!", I say and finally leave.

I keep walking towards my home but one thought not leaving my head, Shiva. What is wrong with him? My suspect keeps growing and the thoughts of him, his wound and his eyes not leaving my mind.

ᴘᴏᴠ ᴇɴᴅ                 

- - -

And by that Raavi decided to find out the mystery behind the boy, Shiva.