𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒

I drag her with me through the smokey corridors

I drag her with me through the smokey corridors. I don't know in which crook of our school the fire broke out. This area has begun to be filled with dark clouds of smoke. I can still manage to breathe somehow. I wonder if anyone is even here in our school if God forbid something happens who will help us out. I know Mom and Dad would sense it if it goes above the timing. But what about Avery?she doesn't have anyone.

" Eric stop ". She said stopping on the path, out of breath. As much as I am boiling from inside at her stupidity to stop at this moment. I don't know why but she tests my patience, she brings out the worst in me. " what now? " I ask her in an extremely calm tone. " I can't breathe ". She mumbles with her head low.

Goddamit does she have asthma? I wish No

" I have a breathing- problem " she mumbled fanning her hand. Panic engulfed me at her declaration. I need to stay calm, even she needs to. " I won't let anything happen to you just do as I say ok? ". I asked her to which she nods. I hold her hand which is small as compared to mine. I am in front so if there is something it will reach me first. The dark cloud of smoke has filled every room making it difficult for me to see. Sensing my way, I move with Avery behind me. I am coughing very poorly this smoke is affecting my lungs perhaps. I am not opening rooms to check if there is a fire or not cause it will only increase the danger.

" Oh God Ave" I shouted when I turned back. She is dozing off. " Eric I can't move anymore, I am losing my breath " . she said panicking before sitting down by the wall. I even stopped dragging her so that she don't lose more breath. " Calm down, calm down nothing will happen to you just breathe ". I told her more like myself to calm down.

Idiot, she can't breathe.

She has already given up and my goddamn mind is not working. It's like it's jammed. She is crouching with her back against the wall, she can't breathe it's obvious on her face but still, she is calm like she wants to know-how does dying feels? Stupid.

I look around to see any sort of window which can let fresh air in,  but there is none. I can't see anything it's impossible to make out if there is even a door or anything. She lays down close to the floor even I do, causes the air to be close to the floor while I can't leave her like this & walk away.

I call Rayce, he might be here. He picks up after three rings " Rayce, I and Avery are stuck somewhere ". I yelled. " I can't hear you wait Eric there is too much noise out here " . he said. The sound of running footsteps echo.

" I and Avery are stuck somewhere near the Art room ". I told him. " The fuck where are you! The fire broke out downstairs at the entrance of the art room " . he muttered.

Shit

I look at Avery who has completely lie down. I move close to her to see if she is ok.

Fuck

" Avery, open your eyes ". I rasped but she lies unconscious. I pick her up in my arms, her lifeless body

Shit

The voice of Rayce echoes in the background while I check her pulse, I am not a doc but I need to see if she is still... Alive? I hope she is. The fear of seeing her like this has turned me into a freaking mess.

I shout her name but she still doesn't open her eyes. I even shrug her shoulder but she does nothing. Her heart is not beating. I have never been in such a place and with a girl. The situations have been like they having sex with me but nothing like this. She is different, everything with her hits different.  I look at her face which has gone dead white. God

I know as much as she won't like this, I need to do this it's either to do it or not. Doing it will matter! I lay her down on the floor. I tilt her head back. Using my left hand, to hold her chin up. I open her mouth, using my other hand pinching her nose. while my one hand is on her forehead. Taking a normal breath, I seal her mouth with mine and blow in with all the force.

Her chest rises then sinks back when I leave. I again breathe and shut her mouth with mine. The same thing happens again & she coughs. Thank God.

Sighing, I push her upwards so that she can sit. " Thank God you are alive ". I sigh. She stares at me with a blank expression, she might be thinking she came back from heaven. I look at her for a couple of minutes, no one says anything.

She seriously brings out the worst in me, my heart beats every time I gaze at her. When she was unconscious it felt like I lost my breath and now seeing her back my breath is back.

" You got unconscious, now you won't walk I will take you ". I muttered. Before, she could say anything or stop me. I push my arms underneath her and pull her up in my arms in a bridal style. I can't take a risk to let her walk again the thought makes me shudder somehow. Bowing my head low, I make my way through the black smoke-filled corridor. There is ash all around even my face and hands are filled with black ash. A smile appears on my lips as I feel her breathe through my white collar shirt which is drenching with sweat. She will gag

" Fuck " I cursed. My shirt got stuck in the rusted nail, the sharp point has torn my shirt along with my hand. She looks up at me her face worried. But I smile at her making sure that she doesn't know about the injury on my arm which is a Lil bit bleeding.

I will for sure get a tetanus injection. God, I hate them. They suck.

Cause you are afraid of them

I ain't, stop spreading that rumor, I ain't scared of injections like it's just like a freaking needle goes inside you, suck up your blood and come out.  My poor red blood