𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍

The door bangs loudly, I snap my eyes open at the sudden outburst

The door bangs loudly, I snap my eyes open at the sudden outburst. Glancing at the clock, it's still pretty early morning. Who would be there, the fear takes over again and I close my ears shut I don't wanna hear it?

Getting near, I put my ear on the door to hear them, the person on the other side mumbles something and leaves. Catching my breath, I sit behind it as my heart drums in my chest. Muffling my sobs, I lock it. Was he here? No, no it can't be him

It's the third day of our trip probably the last. I wish we could stay more, the chances of him coming here to kidnap is less than they will be there back. He can still trace me, even if I will hide in the corner of this world, he will find me again, and this time he won't leave me he won't leave me, he said it, he said he wanted more --he wants more-- I meltdown once again, covering my mouth so that no one can hear me I sob loudly

should I tell Rayce?

Picking up my phone, from the floor. I dial his number with my trembling hands, I might dial the wrong number. It rings few times before going to voice mail.

God

Probably he is sleeping, it won't be safe if I inform him on call, someone might conference our call. By someone I mean Marco. He is in his 60's but when he was young, was the leader of one of the mafias, he still holds authority that's the reason no one was ever able to stand up against him. Even when I went to the cops for help, they laughed at me saying I need to get a shower I am having a hungover. It was of no use.

I wash my face thoroughly so that there would be no glimmer of me crying the whole night. Crying has become my lasting job since birth. Shutting my room behind, I peek around to find someone, most teachers are patrolling around. Today, we will be going to visit Eiffel Tower, maybe for that, they are making all the arrangements.

Clutching, my lilac sweater. I walk past the rooms. Turning around the corner, my footsteps halt on their own accord. The unsettling feeling in my stomach grows more, which I was trying to ignore. Hiding behind the wall, I hear him. I don't mean to eavesdrop, want to leave right now. I want to meet Rayce & tell him but my heart denies all of it and I keep my ears glued to their conversation. Without even seeing their face, I can recognize their voices.

"So what's going on between you & that girl?" Camilla asks and again I don't need to turn around to see what she is doing while asking him, she has her hands circled his neck

"So what's going on between you & that girl?" Camilla asks and again I don't need to turn around to see what she is doing while asking him, she has her hands circled his neck. My heart beats violently, I should leave. It shouldn't be today that I get to hear those words, I know deep in my heart. Even when I was sure of awarding him myself, this thought crossed my mind. But I am eager to find out, so again I don't move an inch.

"I don't know who are you talking about?" He mumbles

Whom is she talking about?

"Cmon Eric don't act innocent I know you very well I am talking about Avery....." she trails off

My chest heaves up & down as I wait for his response. For a while, nobody says anything, so I peek around a Lil to see what happens. His back is facing her while Eric is baffling his hair as if what she asked, he can't find the answer to. I wait for him to say something, to tell her that he loves me. I might seem desperate, but when you get to hear it from someone deep inside you have always adored, who was never at your reach, who never even glanced at you once & then out of all these years, that same person enters your life again during your B&W days & lights them up. When he makes it easy for you to survive, and for once makes you believe that you too deserve love.

What would you do?

I still wait for him to take my side, to prove my instincts wrong.

"Oh, she, she is just a fling, and she is not even my type," he says casually as if whatever he has just said last night meant nothing.

" cmon let's continue our business," he says before locking his lips with hers.

I love you, Avery, I do

My heart crushes into million pieces as if I have placed it in a grinder to grind it. My knees give up and I bend down beside the wall, taking it as a support, more tears storm down like rain.

Why did I even believe him? How was I expecting something different from him? He is a player, was a player, of course, he played me.

Before they can find me eavesdropping, I run away of course what do you expect from me? I am made to run away from things that's what I have been doing my whole life & when I thought it was the last time I was running a marathon, it all crumbled and now I am running away from him too. I loved him I did, but the feeling faded away when Carter came into my life.

"Watch yourself" he growls as I accidentally bumped into someone. Looking up, I freeze in my spot. Will fate ever be on my side? His eyes soften as he stares at me, but that softness no longer makes my heartbeat wild as Eric makes it. I want the earth to swallow me now, I can't bear it anymore. Dressed in a black collar shirt, with his hair still dripping wet is none other than Carter. Ladies & gentlemen, welcome Carter March, second person who is the reason why I am what I am now all the credits I would like to give him, a bunch of insecurities, panic attacks, PTSD.

My head smacks loudly in my head, for a few seconds everything goes black, perhaps I am about to die because of shock. If he is here that means, Marco has accompanied him too.

The adrenaline rushes through my body and the vision becomes clear again. He is still watching me with pleading eyes but that no longer concerns me, what he did to me subsided everything.
I want to blow up out at everyone I pass by, they all are the reason I am suffering even him even on Eric.