Magic in the Modern World 3

Okay, so we know at this point that the influences and powers of fairies and mermaids have been two big factors in keeping magic alive and large in the fictional universe, even in the modern era, where technology reigns. However, fairies and mermaids still don't fully explain some of the magical events that have occurred long after the supernatural era of the fictional universe. 

Like many of Barbie's transformations. 

Or where the geodes the Equestria Girls have came from. 

Or how some people in the modern/postmodern world have magic and abilities that fairies and mermaids wouldn't possess. 

Or where many magical objects that don't pertain to a supernatural species came from. 

Well, this is where all that gets explained. 

Okay, let's tackle the geodes first. 

So we know that by the end of Legend of Everfree, the Mane Seven get crystal geodes that grant them superpowers, and at times will allow them to transform into half-ponies, if it doesn't happen themselves. 

However, what really ticked the fandom off were two things Hasbro never seemed to answer that were teased at the very end of the movie. 

1. When Sunset asked where the magic and the geodes came from. 

2. What the deal is with the crack in the portal. 

Well, we're here to explain it. 

You see, many magical events have been caused by way of collisions. After all, that's how the Fairy Godmother (and theoretically, Sci-Twi) got the ability to create portals to other dimensions. It's how the pearl got from the ocean to the hippogriffs. 

And it's how the geodes came to the world of the Equestria Girls. 

Because there's one main world where crystal is everywhere. 

The Lost Cities. 

And in the Lost Cities, there used to be magical crystals.

It doesn't seem to make sense right now, but hear me out. By collisions, some crystals would slip out of the Lost Cities into the other fictional worlds. 

And the magical crystals slipped into Fairytopia.

The Enchantress found these crystals, used some to build the Crystal Palace, and many of the crystal fairies used most of it to help create Shimmervale, leaving fifteen small but powerful crystals. Seven of them were given to the guardians of Fairytopia to protect, and eventually, one of them was given to Elina, granting her wings. 

Leaving just seven crystals left. 

The Enchantress knew of their magic, and knew Laverna would do anything to get her hands on them should she know about their existence. So when she saw a collision to another world a few months after the initial discovery, she hid them in a cave, where they were untouched for centuries before Gloriosa Daisy discovered them, and enter the events of Legend of Everfree

However, what about that crack in the portal? 

Well, when Midnight Sparkle destroyed the statue where the crack is now, that's when the first portal opened up. And then the crack was shown to release orbs of magic at the end of Everfree, but then it was never addressed again, except for a couple orbs slipping into Juniper's mirror, Sci-Twi's watering can, and Vignette's phone. But that's about it. 

But we all know what cracks mean. It symbolizes that there's a leak, a hole, a weakness. 

And that's what the portal's crack is. It's a leak between Equestria and the human world. 

But it's a hole into other worlds as well, allowing for multiple problems to appear at once. 

Like, how in the world did the plants suddenly get sentient from Sci-Twi using the enchanted watering can? Clearly, that power doesn't show up unless it's a unicorn. 

Well, remember Wonderland? 

They probably had some crazy magic like that slip into the human world, allowing for the plants to start acting... wonderous, as Lizzie Hearts would put it. 

And now... Barbie. 

Okay, so excluding the newest movies and Princess and the Pauper, Barbie always seems to go through the expected transformation of her clothes, although the exception is Mariposa, as her wings go through the transformation. However, it's not really explained how it's happening, it sorta just... happens. I mean, even in movies like Magic of the Rainbow, where we probably could've had the same plotline without Elina transforming, she still transforms (but I'm still trying to comprehend how fairies only tend to notice wing transformations when her clothes changed as well). 

But why does it keep happening, especially with Barbie characters? 

Well, if the timeline is correct, then the first era was filled with nothing but the supernatural, humans beginning to come in thanks to a genetic mutation that rid fairies of their wings, or even mermaids of their tails. However, the magic inside their DNA was still very prominent, and there were possibly some supernatural beings who could transform their outfits. 

And since the Barbies have always been blonde with eyes in the blue range (Mariposa being the exception with brown eyes, but that was probably just a genetic thing... wait, Elina has green eyes, so she's an exception as well), it's safe to assume that they're all in the same ancestry tree, with Elina being the first one. Like how fairy magic passed down to her different descendants (I still say Sci-Twi is one of her descendants and the fairy magic Elina had was awakened from a collision), that magic came to the Barbies in different ways, the biggest one transforming themselves when they found their true selves. 

Okay, that wasn't too hard... now... what about something a little harder...

Oh, I know!

How in the world does Mare Barrow have lightning abilities? 

Simple. 

The Lost Cities. 

If you pay attention, most of the abilities that the Silvers have in Red Queen are abilities that you will see elves have. Which begs me to wonder...

Are Silvers actually elves? 

I may not have read all of the Red Queen series, so my guess is that there were rogue elves, other than the Black Swan and the Neverseen, and they and they decided to hide their elf-ey selves away, lived on Earth 2.0, and in the postmodern world, their abilities are still prominient. 

Darn it, that was too easy as well!

Well... I guess we're done with that. 

Mostly because I wanna get to other theories.