prologue

NO ONE'S POV:

It was a Monday morning and the Yagi children were pestering their parents so to take them to get their quirk tests.

"C'mon Dad!" The two whined "you said you'd take us!"

The father groaned, before relenting and getting ready to leave.

"Well you got me out of bed early for this, so you two better have the best quirks in the world!" He said with a bright smile.

"We will Dad!" The young Izuku said

"Yeah!" Exclaimed Izumi "well become heroes for sure!"

The father just chuckled and ushered them into the car for their long journey to the doctors.

TIME SKIPEROONIE!!!!!!!

The Yagi's were infront if the doctor, with overage faces, causing the doctor to grimace.

'I hate this part' he thought to himself asbhe sat down in his chair.

"Well Mr Yagi" He said with a forced smile "I have some good news and some bad news. Which would you like first?"

The fathers face turned into one of concern at the doctors words. Deciding to get the bad part over and done with he requested the bad news first.

"Well I'm sad to tell you, but your son is quirkless."

Izuku's world froze. He dropped his all might figure in shock, as his mind tried to comprehend what was just said.

The doctor grimaced at the boys expression.

'Dammit' he thought to himself.

"I-I see" the Father stammered out.

"However" the doctor said, deciding to change the mood "your daughter has a very strong telekinesis quirk! She can surely be a hero with a quirk like hers!"

Izumi jumped out of her seat in delight and jumped into her father's arms.

"I'm gonna be a hero Daddy!" She exclaimed happily.

"Yes you are sweetheart!" The father said in delight, swinging his daughter round.

Izuku just stared at the floor in shock.

"Hey kid" the doctor said, attempting to cheer up the kid "chin up, it'll all be ok!"

The boy stared at the man in his eyes, and nodded his head with weak but present confidence.

Poor izuku was ignored on the whole car journey, whilst Izumi and their father wer celebrating her quirk. When they reached home, His mother rejoiced at Izumi's quirk, and like his father, ignored Izuku.

Izuku just went up to his room and cried, his once normal life turned upside down

THE NEXT DAY:

Izuku woke up, and found out that he was late. He was used to his parents waking him up, but it appeared that they had forgotten. He quickly got dressed and quickly ran to school, hoping that his day would get better.

Spoiler, it didn't.

Izuku was lectured for being late by the teachers and the class laughed at him. He hated it, and many people asked what his quirk was. Izuku wouldn't respond, he would just shake his head and move on.

The class eventually moved into break, but Izuku was less than enthusiastic for it. Why? He would have to meet his friends, and inevitably tell them about his quirklessness.

Just as Izuku predicted, Bakugo and the Todoroki twins came along with Izumi to talk to him. The todoroki's were called Shoto and Shoka. Shoto was very calm and silent, and was Izuku's closest friend. Shoka was almost Shoto's emotional opposite. She was very emotional, whilst also maintaining a shy persona. Katsuki Bakugo was Izuku's first ever friend beside his sister. Izuku always admired Katsuki's strength, despite being best friends with Shoto.

"So Izuku, what did you get for your quirk?" Katsuki Bakugo asked, eager to compare power.

Izuku flinched at the blonde boys words, before answering.

"Sorry Kachan" Izuku Said with his head down "I'm quirkless"

Suddenly they were all silent. Katsuki and Izumi looked angry, whilst the Todoroki's just looked sad.

"What about our promise though?" Katsuki said through gritted teeth.

"I'll still become a hero!" To quirkless boy shouted back "I'll be the first quirkless hero, and become the number 1 hero!"

Izumi scoffed at this.

"A quirkless person being a hero don't make me laugh" she said in a very Snobish voice

"I-Izumi..." Izuku stammered in a broken voice, before wiping his tears and looking at her defiantly.

"Like it or not you can't stop me!" Izuku said, putting on a brave face.

"Are you sure about that" katsuki said grinning whilst showing the sparkles in his hand.

Izuku widened his eyes. Surely they wouldn't hurt him over this, would they?

"Katsuki don't!" Shoka shouted out as katsuki's Hand came down towards Izuku, only to be blocked by Shoto's ice.

"Step away Bakugo." Shoto demanded, eying the blonde dangerously.

"The hell are you doing icy hot?!?!?" Katsuki snarled, glaring at Shoto.

Shoto walked towards Izuku and helped him up, much to Bakugo's frustration.

"The Izuku will only get himself killed if he becomes a hero!!!" The Izumi shouted, causing Shoka's eyes to widen.

Shoto just glared at the two of them, causing Bakugo to simply scoff and walk off.

Shoka looked at Izuku with tears in her eyes.

"WHY?!?" She screamed, causing the two boys to look at her in shock.

"Why do you have have be a her Izu?!? Their right you know! You'll die and none of us want that!"

Izuku looked down at her words, before looking up with a sad face.

"I'm sorry Shoka... but I've wanted to be a hero like All Might my whole life. I can't stop now, even if I wanted to." Izuku said looking at the girl with a sad eyes.

Shoka looked at Izuku with contempt, before walking after the two bullies.

She turned around before she left.

"I don't like how they're doing it, but they are right. You can't be a hero, and I'll show you that. I'm sorry."

And with that Shoka ran out of sight, leaving only Shoto and Izuku.

"I'm sorry Shoto." Izuku said. "They probably hate you now, and it's all because of me!"

Shoto looked at Izuku with a smile, before hugging him.

"Your my best friend Izu, I'd defend you even if they'd kill me."

Izuku just grabbed onto his friend and cried into his shoulder, completely unaware of the turning point his life had just taken.

Shoka looked down at Izuku and his battered body.

"I'm so sorry" she whispered before walking after the trio.

Izuku just Welt silent tears. He had just lost his closest friends because of his dream.

And it was only going to get worse from then onwards.