chapter 11

break in

___________________

___________________

november was soon approaching, it was starting to get colder and darker. marion was in the kitchen making cups of tea for her and keiran.

the man had simply welcomed himself inside, making no sound whatsoever, which terrified marion when she felt a hand on her shoulder. she almost fired a hex before she saw who it was

she placed the steaming tea on the counter. he thanked her.

cutting right to the case she asked him, "what're you doing here. are you ok?"

"hm, yes yes i'm good. i was simply bored. bella is out of town, so tell me everything that has happened since we last spoke." he demanded, leaning forward in his seat

her face flushed, "no, not really." he looked at her as if he didn't believe her. "fine, fine. i got a pair of new shoes."

"MARION!"

"FINE, i'm dating james. happy?"

the avery heir had a smug look on his face. "knew it." he mumbled with a big grin.

"but don't tell anyone ok."

he agreed and they talked for a while longer, somehow ending up on the topic of the new serial killer.

"it seems as if they're targeting muggleborns, i heard they were going to interrogate every pureblood family who is known supporters of you-know-who, including mine." marion explained.

he sat in thought. "mine too then, also why yours?"

"mum is a rosier, grandmother and grandfather weren't exactly discreet about the whole ordeal."

"do you know a lot about the case?" he questioned.

"no, all i know is that james has started working again."

the avery heir looked deeper in thought before asking, "may i borrow some books of yours?"

"of course." she led him to her room. he looked through the bookshelf, "nothing interesting?"

"not really, sorry, i'll look if i can find any at home."

"of course. well i'm meeting james soon."

she followed him to the door and hugged him, "see you later." he said

when he had left, she ran up to her room getting dressed. as she was looking for a shirt to wear, the doorbell rang. she ran downstairs in only her bra and a pair of pants, completely forgetting to put on a shirt. she opened the door to a cold james. hurrying him inside, "the others have gone to grandmother and grandfathers house for the interrogation, won't be back until later." she explained.

"even little anya?"

"hm, no, she's staying with my aunt." james hadn't realised she was only in her bra until she kissed his cheek. he completely froze in place. "what." she asked.

"you, ehm- shirt."

"OH right, i'll be back." she ran up the stairs and threw on the first sweater she could find in her closet. ending up in one of his sweaters she had stolen.

"did you have anyone over?" he asked pointing at the two tea cups.

"mhm, keiran surprised me. scared the absolute shit out of me." she explained. "anyhow, anything new on the case?" she said while looking for the whiskey.

"well, not really, we have started the interrogations with known death eater families. but let's talk about something else."

"ok, well i'm looking for an apartment." she told him sitting down next to him placing the tea on the table.

"oh, have you found anything yet?"

"no, all the apartment i can afford are either in a dodgy place, or they are in a nice place but the apartment is tiny."

he thought for a moment, "well, maybe it's best for now with a serial killer on the loose."

"so you don't think i could handle myself?"

"i- of course i do, b-but the murderer-.'

"i'm only joking james." she laughed as she kissed his cheek.

he laughed nervously. "well, christmas is soon, what do you want?"

"ehm, i don't know. well there is this record i've been wanting for a while. it's an abba album, arrival? heard of it?"

james had the widest grin on his face, "obviously i have heard of it, marlene and sirius listened to it all the time." his face sunk a bit at the mention of his late friend.

"what do you want for christmas then?"

"to be with you." he smirked, kissing her.

"i can arrange that." she mumbled against his lips.

"whoa, whoa." keiran screeched, holding his hands in front of his eyes. "just forgot my jacket."

"you've really got to start knocking, avery."

"oh, last name, ehm better get going, bye." he said as he left out the door.

the couple looked at each other before bursting out laughing.

"food?"

"yes, please." marion rose from the sofa dragging james to the kitchen.
she opened the cabinet trying to reach for the pasta, when she felt an arm on her waist. she turned around to james getting the pasta from the cabinet.

...

the doorbell rang, marion opened the door to see sirius on the other side.

"who is it?" james asked from the table.

"sirius, come in."

"it's lily." sirius said

...

i have no motivation for writing atm, but here is a chapter anyway :)

also thanks for 3k reads :)

word count: 840
published: september 11th 2021