october 31st 1981

from my oneshot book (which you should read)

october 31. 1981. a relatively normal day for the potter family, except the fact they were in hiding, but james' best mates were holding their spirits up together with their little bundle of joy, harry. both parents couldn't wait to get out of the house. they were growing restless as the war continued to rage outside, they were feeling helpless as their friends around them got hurt. just a short while ago marlene had gotten killed, lily was still grieving, james was sad as well, but tried his best to hold up his good mood that he was so well known for during his hogwarts years, which seemed ages ago. they wanted their friends to come over, but dumbledore had assigned all of them missions, and therefore he needed james' invisibility cloak, which the potter happily passed over to the old man. 'lily! look at harry' james had a bright smile on his face as he watched his one year old ride on the toy broom sirius got him for his first birthday three months prior. 'hold on, i'm getting the camera!' she ran into the living room with the camera as she snapped a picture. she showed james the polaroid which they both grinned at. 'i can't wait for this to be over' lily sighed. 'it will soon, then we can take harry to see a quidditch match' 'you and your quidditch' she shook her head and pecked her husband's lips. it was slowly getting darker outside, which meant peter was supposed to come over to be the lookout for the night. 'when do you suppose he'll arrive?' lily looked worriedly out the window. 'i don't know, it's pete. he's never been on time before' usually when put on lookout for the family they would be welcomed inside to a cup of tea before sitting outside in the cold for hours, but so far no peter has shown up at the door. 'suppose he just doesn't want tea' he said light-heartedly as he went to sit on the sofa. placing his wand on the dining table before picking up harry. james suddenly got a feeling something was off, taking harry off of his lap and placing him in his mother's lap. 'something wrong?' she asked but got no answers. james walked slowly to the window, seeing a cloaked figure, he squinted before his eyes went wide. 'Lily, take Harry and go! It's him! Go! Run! I'll hold him off!'
lily panicked, grabbing harry taking him to his nursery. that is when james realised peter had ratted them out.
the door burst open to a pale red eyed monster standing before james. james looked for his wand, when realising it was on the couch. voldemort saw what he was doing and shouted 'avada kedavra' james dropped dead on the floor. his last thought was that his wife and son were going to be ok. lily heard the shout, tears were rolling down her face as she heard james's body drop to the ground. 'you're going to be ok, harry, nothing will ever hurt you. mommy loves you, i always will no matter what.' 'step aside'' the cold voice of voldemort commanded. 'if you get out of the way you won't be hurt' lily refused as she looked to harry in his crib. 'avada kedavra.' the green light hit her right in the chest. her corpse laid on the floor beside voldemort. a day that started out normal ended in the death of two people who were loved dearly. a day that ended with harry having no parents who could love him. a day that ended with a mourning remus and sirius. a day that ended with two people feeling betrayed. and a mystery that wouldn't be solved until 12 years later.
....

sorry not a chapter, but i have had no motivation for writing at all. i also hve personal stuff to deal with atm hope you understand thank you:)