Chapter Seven

"You heard what happened?"

Two figures were sitting on the edge of a rooftop and looking down at the almost empty streets below, raindrops hitting the ground and creating bigger puddles with every passing minute.

They'd occasionally see cars driving by, some quiet and almost unnoticeable, others loud and with music blasting inside, a few lone figures crossing the road or passing the closed shops on the street.

Some were en route with umbrellas, most of them plain black, though once in a while they'd see a splash of brighter colors, usually held by a group of teens or by small children walking home with their parents.
A few they'd see simply putting on their hood and hurrying to their destination, or holding a bag over their heads.

In the distance, a huge building was seen, standing tall and mighty just like the hero the school was always associated with.

The two figures could barely make out the words "U.A. High" written on the front gates, and the lights that were seemingly still on in some rooms.

"Yeah... crazy shit, right?"

One of them was holding an umbrella in their hand, hair a rather light color, though which one couldn't be deciphered since they had a black hood on. The rest of their attire was the same, the figure beside them dressed similarly both in color and choice of clothes.

"I mean, that situation's shitty and all, but I really wanna know why the fuck they're assuming villains need a traitor to get information, there's enough bad guys with 'hacker-quirks' that could do the job just as good."

"Funny, right? It pisses me off, these bastards... if I didn't know any better, I'd even say that these dumb fucks assumed that this 'traitor' sold villains info about that two-faced bitch who died a while ago."

"You mean Black Lotus?", the figure with darker hair asked.

"Who else? Even a blind person could've figured out that her so called debut's been staged down to its very core."

The person not holding the umbrella shrugged and turned away.

"... you know what pisses me off more?"

"Lack of media paying attention to what happened?"

"Yes!", the lighter haired person whisper shouted. "They only act and destroy and never think about the consequences, and if word did get out, that rotten hero commission always found a way to dispose of any evidences within hours."

The other nodded in agreement. „They're not above killing to retain their good public image. You think it will remain quiet about this?"

A phone rang, interrupting their conversation.

The light haired person smirked at their friend.

"... who knows? Let's wait and see. "

Accepting the call, they put the phone on speaker. "What is it?"

"He's here", the voice on the other end of the line said.

"Good. We'll be there soon", hanging up, the person stood up and turned to the door leading back downstairs, glancing at the other.

"You coming?"

"Ch-Chiyo...", Nezu muttered in surprise, back straightening from where he still sat.

What was she doing here so soon??