Chapter Three

It was completely quiet in the teacher's lounge.
Everyone was frozen in place as if catatonic upon hearing Aizawa repeat himself.

The silence was only broken by the sound of someone choke on a sob, and even that was abruptly interrupted by the door being slammed open.

Aizawa was afraid to turn around, he was terrified of seeing the person's expression, because without knowing who actually just threw open the door, he knew it was his husband.

And he was proven right, when Midnight painfully stiffened when she saw the person behind him, and everyone else in the room tensed as well, as if expecting the blonde hero to explode on them and go haywire.

With his rather loud personality and repeated conflict because of his unwavering trust in Midoriya, Shouta wouldn't have been surprised if Yamada started shouting at them, activating his quirk on purpose just so the words would be painfully clearer to understand.

Stillness was what they were met with instead.

Slowly, afraid of looking, Aizawa dared cast a glance at Yamada, but the moment he did, flinched back as if burned.

Because the man's expression was blank, horrifyingly blank, and his eyes were two cold chips of ice, piercing right through his heart.

He looked like a soulless doll.

'What heart', he heard himself question in the back of his head. 'If I managed to interrogate and accuse my student of something he wasn't, I truly am a heartless asshole.'

Every single person in the room was expecting something to happen, waiting for any kind of reaction, but nothing came.

Those two dead eyes merely casted a glance at the people in the room, before turning away and paying them no further mind.

Somehow, that felt worse than it'd have if Yamada actually leveled them to the ground with a nasty glare. Or better yet, six feet underground.

Everyone watched mutely as Hizashi's ghostly quiet form seemingly floated over to his desk, grabbing his bag and returning towards the door.

It was only then, right when he was about to leave, that Yamada finally spoke up.

And then Aizawa wished he had just left quietly without even acknowledging any of them any further.

"I hope you rot in hell", was all they heard before walking out, the words muttered with a voice matching his lifeless appearance, the door falling shut on it's own.

Everyone had flinched at the words, hard, and it took a long while before Midnight cleared her throat.
"He-.... He's not the...traitor....?"

She was still in denial of the revelation.

Just like many others, she had adored Izuku, seeing as he was such a kind and attentive boy, but then she heard the possibility of him being the traitor and, it made so much sense to her at the time, she regarded her student as nothing more than a threat. Kayama didn't even think to question herself, or look, really look at Midoriya and the way he had changed in the past weeks.

And now she heard her friend, one of her longest and closest friends, getting across the message that 'Bitch, you fucked up' in a kindly wrapped package called 'he's innocent'.

She couldn't come to terms with this.

She failed her student, not only in the responsibly and care like way, but in the usual business teacher student way.
The thought of him being the traitor and the abject horror she felt at the time were enough to fail her best student.
She had given him zero points in the assignment for god's sake!
She had failed him in the test and look where that got her.