Chapter 5

I gaped, wide-eyed at the scene. I couldn't believe I saw that. It was so fast I almost didn't see what happened. Were they really just normal students? I mean, I knew they wore black magatama and everything, but... Saying Bee was awesome would be an understatement... believe me... The crowd's cheers and claps and screams were, to say the least, deafening.

"That's... superb..." Kiba was also standing beside me, having the same stunned expression that I have.

One second Bee was rapping and everything looked so still the tension was so dense. Everyone had their breaths held while watching the two combatants on the stage. One was unmoving while rapping and the other one looked deadly still and was on the offensive position. And the moment Jirobou swiftly, very swiftly, initiated an attack, he was immediately seen on his knees and squirming in so much pain. I almost didn't see it. I bet not everyone really saw what just happened either.

Bee, in just a second, was able to punch his face twice and give three full blows on his abdomen. I could tell that he did not hold back anything. If it was me, I'd probably end up in the hospital by now. Or rather, was being taken care of by the Medics.

Five full hits in just a second...

"Those two punches really did it!" Chouji exclaimed excitedly.

"No, idiot, he did three punches!" Kiba argued. "He punched Jirobou once on the face and twice on the stomach." Shikamaru nodded. It seemed he also believed three punches were made. But, that's not true...

"No," I found myself voicing. They all looked at me. "Didn't he punch the guy five times? Two on the face and three on the stomach?"

"You're sure?" Shikamaru asked. I nodded and he smiled. "...Five times, huh." I grinned at him. He might have felt that I was seriously sure. I might not be the fastest guy in town but I could at least be sure of what I saw. My casual sparring with Yahiko and aniki really paid off. Those two were pretty agile, and heck, damn fast.

Now that I thought about it, I really missed Yahiko... I wish he'd go back to school now. Or at least see me...

"Let's go to the cafeteria and eat something. People will probably flood there and I don't want us to have no food at all." Chouji said, still eyeing me suspiciously. "Naruto, are you really sure? I swear I only saw two punches..."

"I'm sure, Chouji." I smiled and he shrugged. He was about to pass me by when he stopped on his tracks and looked at me again, wide-eyed.

"N-Naruto, you're..." He pointed at my ears with his chubby forefinger. "You have an... earring..." Shikamaru also looked at me and he looked really surprised, though he didn't say anything.

Kiba laughed even before I could react. "I knew you'd be this shocked!" Well said by Kiba who was not at all shocked earlier. And hey, that should be my line, right?

Shikamaru shook his head to shove off some comments and stared at me again. "Want to level up?" He smirked and my eyes widened. "Other color magatama equals two counts, you know. That's why you only have to win against ten other color magatama and twenty green if you want to level up. And Kiba is available."

"Hey!" Kiba exclaimed, his smile completely robbed off. "Don't issue challenges for him!"

"I don't mind fighting you," I said and he looked surprised. "But only after we've eaten. I'm pretty hungry." Chouji nodded in agreement.

We went to the cafeteria and sure enough, there were many students inside the place so it's difficult to get to the counter and order something. Though we're able to do so, it took us so much time before we were able to get out. We ate sitting on the ground under the shade of one of the trees beside the vast field. Many fights were happening on the other side and it was really a natural thing for me to see now. I began eating without a care in other people's business.