Chapter 11

"...W-What are you doing here?" My eyes had always been wider than normal teenagers of my age. I knew that for a fact. But not as wide as they were now! Did you want to know why? Simply because Sasuke stood in front of our house's door, currently expecting me to invite him in!! He stared at me while expecting me to probably say something while I could only stare at him with a dumbfounded expression.

Aniki, why weren't you here when I wanted you to?

"I believe that you're being rude to one of the Knights, dobe." Sasuke voiced as he raised an eyebrow at the fact that I was making myself a boulder just so he wouldn't be able to get in.

"I think that title isn't valid outside the school, bastard." I almost growled out the words when I recovered. And here I thought that my Sunday morning would be a great one! How wrong could I get? This was the worst!! And how did he even know my house??

Yep, it's been a week since the start of the fighting ban. It meant that there was only one more week before the tournament itself. And yeah, I got my aniki to train me for it after some of my much-rewarded puppy eyes and crocodile tears. That person just couldn't say no to me when I used those things against him. Heh!

Of course, Sai and Neji continued to pester me during those five class days last week but I was thankful I didn't see Sasuke then. Of course, that's mainly because I didn't go to the classes where I knew he'd be. The last time I saw him was the time he issued a challenge to me which I rejected. Aniki got angry at Sasuke when he learned about that and wanted to issue a challenge to the bastard but I told him it's not worth it. Kiba and Chouji even went to the extreme measure of accompanying me wherever I went so I wouldn't be ambushed by Sasuke's underlings or even fans while Shikamaru said it's too troublesome. That pineapple was my most supportive friend, wasn't he?

And now, back to the main problem at hand.

"And besides, aniki isn't here so you have no excuse to be here. You should get lost." I added when I noticed that Sasuke was starting to get pissed off by my constant musings. I saw him opening his mouth to form a comment of some sort but decided against it. The reason why became clear to me when I suddenly received a downward punch on my head, courtesy of my one pissed-off mother.

"What do you think you're saying to a visitor, Naruto!?" And one mad Kushina let her 'soft' voice be heard by everyone. I looked at her over my shoulder and pouted, but that thing wouldn't necessarily work its wonder whenever Kushina was the one at the receiving end. "I didn't raise you to be one rude teenager, young man!!"

I scowled when she looked at Sasuke with a complete turnover of expression. Yep, she was wearing the most motherly smile while she let the bastard inside the house. How I wished aniki was here. I wanted to see how he'd handle this type of situation. Because, in truth, right now, all I wanted was to vanish. Imagine being humiliated by your own mother in front of your most hated person in front of your own house. No, let me take that back. I didn't hate Sasuke. I just didn't like him. That's all.

"I'm sorry about my son's attitude. He's not usually like that, you know." Kushina said with a smile as she handed Sasuke a cup of tea. "Are you Naruto's classmate?"

"Yes, sort of." Sasuke answered as he sipped the tea that my mother gave him. I glared at him when I sat across from him on the sofa in the living room. Fortunately, my mother was too busy thinking about something to cook so she didn't notice. I couldn't blame her though. Both of his sons were much too snobby and troublesome to even bother bringing some classmates over.

My aniki had only ever brought Yahiko as far as I knew... But I shouldn't wander into those thoughts again, lest I start crying again. As for me, I had never, and I mean never, ever brought anyone in the house. Nor was I visited by a classmate in my entire life. Cool, wasn't it? So imagine my shock when I saw Sasuke standing by the door when I opened it after hearing the doorbell thinking it was aniki.