fifteen.

─☼☼☼─

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙋𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀𝙎 𝙒𝙀𝙍𝙀 at odds. 

A recent bombshell dropped by John B which regarded Sarah Cameron's involvement in the whole treasure-hunting-mission had sent Kiara off the deep end. 

Charlotte, on the other hand, was just upset that she couldn't find any Afterbite in John B's medicine cabinet...those damn mosquitoes did a number on her. 

"No effing way!" Kiara exclaimed as she paced the length of the Chateau porch. "You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?"

The her in question was obviously Sarah. And the this was the gold hunt. It was safe to say that Kiara was not pleased with the Kook girl's involvement. 

Sarah wore a challenging look, not backing down from Kiara's hostility as John B looked like he was regretting every life decision he had made up to that point. If he had asked for Charlotte's advice, she would have undoubtedly told him not to bring Sarah here without speaking to Kie first. But he didn't do that, so now Charlotte was prepared to sit back and watch the chaos unfold. 

John B cast a pleading look to Pope who simply shook his head in attempt to remove himself from the drama. "I dunno." He answered, eyes wide. 

"Look," JJ sighed. "All I care about is that her cut comes out of your share."

Kiara was not finished with he tirade. "You know, I don't remember taking a vote. This is our thing. A Pogue thing." 

Sarah rose her brows as she looked toward the eldest Carrera sister. "Char's here, is she not?"

Charlotte met her gaze, not entirely thrilled with being called out. Kiara looked between her sister and Sarah, and looked ready to snap where JJ cut in.

"Charley is a Pogue." he argued. "Of course she's here."

The looked that covered Sarah's face was one that said yeah right. How could the girl who spent all of her time with Sarah's older─and full Kook─ brother be a Pogue?

"I'm a multifaceted person." Charlotte said cooly in response to Sarah's look. "You know that."

And Sarah did, but she wasn't going to admit that because that would only hurt her argument. 

"I gotta say," Pope announced, steering the conversation back on track. "I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this."

"Thank you!" Kie exclaimed. 

John B scoffed. "When are you not uncomfortable?"

"I dunno. I rode on the back of JJ's bike on the way over here pretty comfortably!"

"It's true." JJ confirmed. "Most relaxed I've ever seen him."

"Really?" Charlotte challenged. "Because the last time I rode on the back of JJ's bike I almost shit my pants."

JJ winked as he leaned back in his chair. "Don't lie, Charley. I know you loved it."

"That's cute, guys." John B muttered, irritated with the direction this way going.