Chapter 5

(Art from Pinterest)

3rd person pov

It was a week before the trip and Dream was just about to go round Phil's to stay there.

"Pleeeaaassssee Dream" begged his younger brother, "I wanna go round Phil's too and I don't want you to be gone for a whole 3 weeks!" Ever since they found out both Dream's sister, Lexi, and their brother, Toby, had been begging him not to go.

"No Toby. You're staying around Puffy's end of discussion."

"No fair... you're using big words because you know I won't understand them..." There was a short moment of silence before Toby asked "what does dis-c-cussion mean?" 

Dream felt bad, he often forgot his younger brother had a had time understanding and saying larger words due to his dyslexia.

"Discussion. It is a topic in speech or writing," he said kneeling down to Toby's height, not in a condescending or mocking way, more in a comforting and understanding way.

Toby stayed quiet. 

"Hey," Dream continued in a calming, sympathetic voice, "I'll only be gone for a little while and you'll be with Auntie Puffy..." 

Toby was still quiet.

"I'll call and text every day. I'll even send pictures."

Toby was still quiet.

Dream sighed and pulled the younger into a hug. Toby never liked being away from Dream for too long. Thanks to their nonexistent mother and their distant father, Toby had always had separation issues and had attached to Dream like a father.

They stayed like that for a good 5 minutes before pulling away. "You ok now?"
"Yeah... promise to call or text every day?"
"I promise."

20 minutes later, Puffy had arrived to pick up the kids. "Are you sure you're okay with this?"

"Yes Clay, don't worry," there was a crash from upstairs, "Enjoy your trip, you deserve it."

Another crash from upstairs, "Thank you Puffy," the blonde replied, hurrying the conversation along, "Bye Toby, bye Lexi."

The 3 siblings hugged before they heard another crash upstairs. Dream hurried them out the door and thanked Puffy one more time before heading upstairs to see what the crashes were.

In the hallway there stood Jason. Hunched over leaning on the wall, half-empty bottle in hand. Behind him, Dream could see around 10 other empty bottles behind him. 'Something must have happened at work,' He thought going to turn around and go to Phil's.

TW Alcohol/Alcoholic, Drunk dad, Abuse, Glass smashing, Blood

"Why the hell are you still here, ya little shit?!" Jason barked.  

His hand struck Dream, hard, across the face, leaving a tender blue and purple mark across his cheek. Dream brought a hand up to touch it delicately, tears pricking his eyes as he turned to quietly shuffle away. But before he could, he was stopped again. This time Dream heard the shattering of glass, the remainder to the alcohol going every were, a deadly blow to the back of his head and a warm liquid running down the back of his head. He held his head in pain as his alcoholic "father" retreated back to his study.

TW Over

An hour later, Dream had cleaned up the mess and was about to call Wilbur to apologize and say he couldn't come but would meet them at the airport next week.

Ringing Wilbur...
"Hey Dreamy! Are you still coming? You're a little late." Wilbur cheerfully said answering the phone. If Wilbur had seen Dream right now he would have never been that cheery. But he couldn't.

"Hey sorry, I don't think I can make it."

"Wait what?? You're still coming on the trip right???"

"Yeah I'm still coming, send me the plane details and I'll meet you at the airport."
"Oh ok... are you ok? You soun-" Wilbur started to say as Dream hung up.

Dream walked over to the bathroom, stripped, and hopped in the shower.

Wilbur's POV

"Oh ok... are you ok? You soun-" I was saying as I heard Dream hang up on the other line. I looked at my phone confused. What happened?

"Earth to music nerd? You still there?" Techno said from the sofa next to me.

"Umm yeah... Dream's not coming," I was interrupted by a "Heh?" from my brother before I continued, "He'll meet us at the airport next week."

After I said that I went upstairs and texted Jschlatt.

Jschlatty Boy

Me: Something happened.

Jschlatt: Fuck. What happened to operation DNB? Dream's staying around your tonight right, did they fight? 

Me: He didn't even come round. I think something happened. 

Jschlatt: But his siblings are here, my sister picked them up earlier. They said he's at yours???

Me: Something must have happened after they left

Jschlatt: That's worrying

Jschlatt: Wait.

Me: ???

Jschlatt: Puffy just said Dream hurried them out of the house and there were crashes coming from upstairs 

Me: That's not good.

Jschlatt: No mierda Sherlock (No shit Sherlock)

Me: Schlatt this is serious

Jschlatt: We'll have to ask him what happened next time we see him, try to meet him before the trip

Me: I don't think he wants to talk, he just hung up on me

Jschlatt: Don't worry, we're very persuasive

Me: ok.

Dream's pov

Over the next week, nothing really changed. 

I would mainly spend my time in my room and when Jason came out of his study he'd do the same thing again. He'd never done that before so I just assumed something happened at work. I didn't see anyone that week. Jschlatt and Wilbur tried to get me to meet up but I always said I was busy, I was in too much pain to go out without a reason. 

I still texted Toby and Lexi every night as I promised.

Then the day of the trip came. It was 8 AM, I grabbed my bags, looked in the mirror to make sure you couldn't see any of Jason's work, and snuck out of the house before he could stop me.