Chapter 2

Later, they got the Mystery Machine where it was meant to get parked and were unloading everything. Fred got both his and some of Sonia's stuff. Manic and Sonic had packed all of what they would really need into a couple of backpacks, Velma had used a couple of briefcases for her stuff, and Shaggy had mostly brought his stuff in a backpack as well and a massive burlap bag of Scooby Snacks, and he had trouble moving that burlap sack. As Daphne grabbed some  of her stuff, she was having a talk with Aleena after she had walked over and re introduced herself.

"Hey, Shaggy, you need a hand getting that thing down?" Fred asks

"No, no thanks, Fred, i've got it." Shaggy says, getting a nod from Fred as him and Sonia walked off. "Just takes a little bit of elbow grease."

Shaggy started loosing his balance. Velma set her phone down when noticing.

"Shaggy!!" Velma exclaimed, running over

Velma managed to catch Shaggy in the nick of time.

"Shaggy, are you all right?" Velma asks

"Like, I am now." Shaggy answers

"Shaggy...." Velma starts

"Yeah?" Shaggy responds

"I...don't know how much longer I can-" Velma started before she ended up dropping Shaggy. "-hold you."

Shaggy then hit the ground with a thud.

In their staff rooms, Shaggy set his bags down and drops the burlap bag of Scooby Snacks and Scooby set his dog food bowl down in the corner of the room and scratched himself a little as Shaggy sat on the lower bunk of the bed.

"Hey, Scoob, can I talk to you man to man?" Shaggy asks

Scooby walked over and comments, "RSort of."

"I think I might've just had a hayloft moment with Velma." Shaggy comments, getting a raised eyebrow look from Scooby. "Do you think it might even be slightly possible she and I were meant to be?"

Scooby thought for a second before shrugging.

"RAsk Fred. RI'm not much one for relationship types." Scooby comments

Shaggy patted Scooby's head.

Elsewhere on the property, Velma was having a talk with Sonia. Their talk being regarding to the relationship her and Fred have at this current moment in time.

"Oh, Fred is TOTALLY my boyfriend." Sonia comments

"Really?" Velma comments. "I always thought football players liked to, well, you know, play the field." Velma comments

"Me too." Sonia stated. "I never thought Fred would be the relationship type, but he totally is."

"Do you think what you two are doing might actually be getting serious??" Velma comments curiously, setting a flower in a vase

"It's totally getting serious. Fred's cool, he feels the same way." Sonia comments

"Well, it certainly sounds like you two are perfectly in sync." Velma stated

"Exactly." Sonia responds

Later, down by the pool, Scooby was sitting in the chair with a sun tanning foil sheet, with a pineapple drink right next to him on a table. That's when Shaggy, Sonic, Manic, and Fred walked over.

"Hey, Scoob, how's your first day of dog summer going this year?" Shaggy asks

"Relaxing." Scooby comments

"Glad to hear it boy. Now, come on, let's go get some-" Shaggy started before Velma. Sonia, Aleena, and Daphne walked over. "Oh, hello, Velma. How was your day?"

"Fine, I guess." Velma responds

"Oh, really?" Shaggy asks. "Like, mine was fine too."

"Soo...my uncle invited us to the opening night reception." Daphne asks. "What do you think?"

"Awesome." Fred responds. "How about a dip in the pool, first?"

"Sounds great." Sonia says as her and Fred walked over to the pool

"Like, that sounds like a real rager." Shaggy comments. "What do you say, V?"

"Perhaps i'll rendezvous with everyone later." Velma responds. "Ever since we arrived, i've been eager to survey the indigenous flora and fauna."

"Hey, uh, wait up!" Shaggy called out as he followed Velma. "So there's both flora and fauna out there, huh? When's the last time you heard those two things in the same sentence?"

Scooby ate his pineapple after finishing the drink and burped.

Sonic and Manic looked at Aleena.

"Want to just go for a walk to have a catching up conversation?"  Sonic asks

"Anything to get to know what my children were up to since I last saw them." Aleena responds with a smile

On the beach, Shaggy, Aleena, Sonic, Manic, and Velma were going for a walk.

"Hey, did you two know that Lake Erie is the warmest and most biologically productive of the Great Lakes?" Velma asks. "Not to mention the 11th largest lake in the WORLD."

"Oh, wow, I could listen to you talk like that for hours." Shaggy comments

Velma rose an eyebrow as her and Shaggy stopped, looking back and asking, "Are you really interested in this stuff, Shaggy?? I never really known you to be intellectually curious."

"Well, i'm curious about a lot of things, Velma." Shaggy comments

Manic and Sonic snickered a little as Velma picked up and examined a rock.

"Hey, Shaggy, you are gonna LOVE this factoid." Velma says, holding the rock. "Lake Erie has been gradually rising over the last few hundred years. That means beneath all these rock formations, there's miles of underwater caves."

"Get outta town!" Shaggy comments

"No, really!" Velma comments. "You can tell by the variegated sedimentary striations."

Velma continued walking. Shaggy took a deep breath.

"Well, would you look at that? Never seen ones like that before." Shaggy comments, following Velma

While walking, Aleena tripped before getting up instantly and brushing herself off as everyone ran over.

"You okay, ma'am?" Shaggy asks

"I'm perfectly fine." Aleena responds. "Just tripped over something."

That's when they noticed a small blue glow in the ground, Aleena kneeling over and picking it up.

"What is that??" Manic asked

"I'd say it might actually be a moonstone." Velma comments. "They're very VERY rare. Native Americans said they held a mystical connection to the moon, hence the name."

"The way it glows.....so beautiful...." Aleena comments, entranced by the beauty of the moonstone before starting to look a little light headed. "I feel nauseous suddenly..."

"You should probably sit down." Velma comments

"I'll head back to my room and lie down for a little while." Aleena says

"Okay." They all respond

Aleena walked off, still staring at the moonstone as she walked off, Velma, Sonic, Manic and Shaggy heading to attend the opening reception.