Chapter 10

PREVIOUSLY.....

"Aleena, what's going on, why are you doing this??!?!???" Shaggy asks, coming to some sort of a conclusion in his head. "The claims of the Lake monster weren't that ridiculous, were they?"

"Why???? To make them pay. TO MAKE THEM ALL PAY!!!!" Possessed Aleena hissed before rubbing the staff gently. "Now that i've rebuilt my staff, no one can stop me!!"

That's when the Possessed Aleena cackled as Scooby and Shaggy held onto each other as a bright blue light field the place. The blue light filled the whole house before eventually fading after Scooby and Shaggy fell to the floor.

As everyone slowly woke up, there was all sorts of smoke around the room, indicating the possessed Aleena had likely teleported via the staff's magic. Fred groaned a little nad popped is back while standing up.

"Well...there's another mystery solved, huh, gang?" Fred comments

Velma coughed as her, Sonic, Sonia, Manic, and Daphne stood up, getting up not long after Scooby and Shaggy got up.

"What in the world is going on????" Velma questioned

"Why is mom doing this???" Sonia adds

Shaggy thought.

"The monster......I think that it might have drove her a bit mad from how ridiculous it seemed." Shaggy comments

"Reah." Scooby agreed

"I'm sure there's something bigger than that going on, you two." Sonic responds

That's when Hilda Trowburg and the Oracle of Delphius, whom was close friends with Hilda, walked down, Hilda having a hand on her head.

"We'll certainly say." Hilda comments as she looked at Sonic, Sonia, and Manic. "Your mother has been possessed by the spirit of Wanda Grubwort."

"Oh great....we finally reunite with our mother after all these years and she turns into an evil witch." Sonic groaned. "At least she wasn't robotized."

Later, they were in the kitchen and Scooby was putting together a couple of ice packs for Hilda and the Oracle of Delphius since they had been hit in the back of the head pretty hard. When he finished, he chuckled a little as he closed it.

"It was that staff." Hilda commented to everybody that was listening. "She must've found the pieces that have been buried for all these years."

Shaggy thought before sighing.

"By any chance, did moonstones play any part in this???" Shaggy asks in a way to make it obvious to Hilda when Ruby started acting a bit odd

The Oracle of Delphius nodded and explains, "As soon as the queen touched one of the moonstones that were part of the staff, the spirit of Grubwort took a hold of her and compelled her to find the rest."

Scooby hands the finished ice pack to Hilda and the Oracle of Delphius and says, "RFor you two."

Hilda took the ice pack and put it on her head as the Oracle of Delphius set his to the side for the time being.

"So.....it's been Aleena the entire time??" Velma comments

"Zoinks. It was RIGHT under our noses." Shaggy comments, recounting back to when him, Velma, Sonic, Sonia, Manic, and Aleena found the first moonstone on the beach by Lake Erie. "The evil spirit must've first taken a hold of her when we found that one by the lake."

"And...and those creepy warts." Manic says. "It was like she was actually turning into a witch."

"And I guess being burned at the steak would scare me at the mere sight of fire as well." Shaggy commented

Fred them remembered something. When the security computer got shorted out by Velma's tea.

BEGIN FLASHBACK

Aleena gently and carefully nudged the computer chair Velma was sitting in whilst the camera was coming into focus and it ended up causing Velma to spill her tea, causing the computer to spark and short circuit.

END FLASHBACK

"And I bet she caused Velma's tea to end up shorting out the security console cause she KNEW we'd see her face." Fred stated

Shaggy sighed.

"I can't believe we missed it." Shaggy comments

"I guess we were too wrapped up in our own small tiny dramas to catch the real big one that was going on." Sonia commented before looking at Hilda and the Oracle of Delphius. "So....now that she has her powers back, what's Wanda Grubwort going to do?"

"We fear that what she seeks is the revenge that has eluded her all these years." Hilda answered

Shaggy stood up.

"Who cares about what she wants, we gotta save Aleena!!" Shaggy commented before looking at Hilda and the Oracle. "Do you have any idea where she would have gone?"

"Probably to the caves where she lived whilst alive." The Oracle responded

"The caves??? What about the variegated sedimentary striations??" Shaggy comments

Fred rose an eyebrow, a bit shocked that Shaggy could properly say such a scientific piece of terminology.

"The what??" Fred, Sonia, Sonic, and Manic ask, wanting some clarification

"He's talking about the entrances to the caves." Velma responded. "They're all underwater."

"Yeah." Shaggy confirms. "How would we get in?"

"Well, you kids are in luck. I rent scuba-gear." Hilda said. "I'll give you a good deal, too."