Chapter 6

That following night, to ease their minds, Scooby and Shaggy were throwing together some midnight snacks. A couple of sandwiches specifically. When they finished, the two got ready to eat. Shaggy grabbed his sandwich and took a big hefty bite out of it.

"I'm gonna go for a walk while eating my sandwich, Scoob." Shaggy comments. "Feel free to make yourself a second one if you'd like."

Scooby nodded as Shaggy walked off with his sandwich, Scooby commenting, "RMore for me, I guess."

Out at the tennis fields, Fred stopped as he saw Sonia giving a couple guys a tennis lesson. Meanwhile, elsewhere on the property, Shaggy was humming as he ate the sandwich he had. Somehow, he tripped over a book.

Upon closer inspection, the book was one Sonic told him Queen Aleena had a fondness of reading.

That's when he saw some sort of a shadow, which at first he thinks is Aleena as he finished his sandwich and cleans his face off.

"Hey, Miss Aleena, is that you???" Shaggy called out

However, the source of the shadow turned around and was really the Lake Monster, which sent Shaggy running and screaming. Back at the tennis field, Sonia noticed Fred was there as she picked up something from the bench.

"Oh, hi, Fred." Sonia comments as she put on the clothing item she picked up. "Is something wrong?"

Fred walked over, but before he could say anything, Shaggy's screams were heard in the distance.

"Come on!!" Fred comments

The two ran to see what was going on. When they got there, Shaggy gulped.

"Shaggy." Fred says, causing Shaggy to jump a bit as he turned around. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, you know, nothing. I just thought i'd work on my blood curdling scream." Shaggy comments. "WHAT THE HECK DO YOU TWO THINK IS WRONG??!?!?!??!?!!?? IT'S THE LAKE MONSTER!!!!!"

The Lake Monster then jumped down from a roof, causing the three to jump, Shaggy ducking behind Fred.

"That's it, time to unmask this prankster once and for all!" Fred comments

Fred chucked the tennis racket at the Lake Monster, blinding it as Fred tackles it.

"Come on!!! Help me with this mask!!!!" Fred comments

Sonia and Shaggy ran over, Shaggy holding down the monster's foot as Sonia tugged on the monster's head as if it was a mask. However, it wasn't coming off or even budging as if it were a mask. It was real.

"Fred, I don't think this thing is a mask!!" Sonia comments

The Lake Monster then proceeds to shove both Fred and Sonia off and vomited up seaweed, fish, and a couple twigs, covered in all sorts of icky gunk.

"Ew, gross!!!" Shaggy gagged, standing up and brushing himself off

The three got to running.

"Keep moving! Fred called out

However, the Lake Monster made a huuugee jump and landed in front of the three.

"This thing keeps getting the jump on us!!!" Shaggy comments

"It can't jump in two directions, split up!" Fred responds

Fred and Sonia ran one way while Shaggy ran the other. The Lake Monster ended up choosing to go after Shaggy.

"Like, why did it have to pick me????!?!?!??? In gym class i'm always the last one to get picked!!" Shaggy yelped

The Lake Monster jumped, causing Shaggy to duck, but when he saw the Lake Monster wasn't in his sight-line at first, he sighed with relief until he turned around and the monster was right there next to him!