Ch. 7 I Say Train, You Say Wreck. Train! Wreck!

The flower shop filled Ratalouis's nose with the scents of all varieties of flowers. Ah yes, this would be the perfect place to locate a perfect bouquet for his perfect gal.

Ratalouis navigated through the shop like the co-author of a fanfiction avoided writing the seventh chapter. His small paws guided him under fallen petals and over the surface of the store's walls.

Ratalouis skrrted up onto a flower display and scanned the area. This place was full of humans! Sadly, the movement for rats' rights was an ongoing fight, as many humans still despised even the sight of rats. His band had made huge strides in the rats' rights movement for having a rat as one of the members, but even a famous rat would incite screams of terror from the taller humans. In time, the fight would end, and human and rat could finally live as one.

Then that was when the hero saw the world's most beautiful rose. Its bright crimson coloring was just right for his gal. However, it was all the way across the store (the store full of humans)! He decided that Eleanor was worth it and if he was to ever prove himself he must first go through the journey of getting his gf that rose. He scampered down the wall and looked towards the sea of human feet. He took a deep breath and ran towards it.

He dodged left. He dodged right. Ratalouis had the speed of a cheetah, only faster and better. When he was about to get stepped on by a large Doc Marten, he quickly rolled away, landing him at the base of the display where his rose was. He furrowed his brows and used every ounce of strength to climb up and admire the rose up close. It had smelled sweet and elegant. He began to gnaw on the stem of his rose, but his tiny rat teeth could only do so much. It wasn't long before a human had seen the modern-day Odysseus and screamed. Suddenly, the entire store turned to face him and he grew red in the fur. An angry worker raised a broom and headed his way. The rat took this as a sign to scurry out of the store quickly, and as he did he looked back at that perfect rose, almost completely off.

Water quickly filled his eyes as he turned away, but now he was filled with rage! How dare they kick him out! Rats deserve just as much rights as humans! Did Remy Ratatouille die for this?? NO!!! He balled his rat paws and went back into the store. Only to be completely crushed by a broom. He laid flat and once his senses returned he ran back out. He decided to give up his plight. The idea then struck Ratalouis that he was in Paris and there were lots of public parks in the area!

He scampered to the nearest park. There were people strolling throughout the sidewalk and lovers held hands in the bright afternoon sun. They reminded him of his own gal, and how woke he had become. For soon, they will be the lovers walking hand in hand. He finally found a mediocre rose (becuz its not as beautiful as da othar roase!) to gnaw on and give to his gal. He grabbed the rose before it fell and scurried off to his place.

He opened the door and there she was. His girl, his Eleanor. She had looked over at him with water already pooling up in her eyes. No one else had been in the apartment. It was only them, and Harry's lifeless body. Outside, the sun shone bright and the sounds of the city below were heard faintly.

"Eleanor, babe, what's wrong?" He reached out to stroke her fur and she quickly retracted back. He widened his eyes, "I want to say how sorry I am and-"

"No, don't speak-"

"I understand why you were so angry with me, you had every right to get mad. Babe, I wanna start over and talk about the tour again, but when you're ready to do so. Here I got you this rose." He held out the bright red rose and signaled for Eleanor to take it, but all she did was let her tears fall. Ratalouis was unsure what to do. He decided to give her some space until he took a step back, but she raised her paw.

"Ratalouis I have something to say." She said through her sobs, "I was just so mad at you..."

"It's okay..."

"No, it's not! Ratalouis I...I'm pregnant."

He threw up his rat eyebrow (A.N. same joke again, but do rats have eyebrows?), "But we-we never-"

"In my moment of rage, I met up with Zayn and-and..." She could barely contain her tears and put her rat face in her paws.

Ratalouis had just resolved to try to fix their relationship, but Eleanor's news wrought loads of pressure and bitter betrayal upon him. He could hardly believe what he was hearing. He felt as though his love had shot him directly in the heart, fatally betraying him. Not only that, but he was also shocked by the scandalousness and skankiness of it all. How could Eleanor stoop to such levels?

His whiskers twitched involuntarily.

"You and Zayn know each other biblically?!?!? Like, as Adam knew Eve??!?!" Ratalouis was squeakless. "God said Adam and Eve, not Ratdam and Eve, Eleanor!"

"What does it matter anyway? We were about to break up and you're going on tour!"

"But Eleanor! We never broke up! I spent so long trying to think of a way to repair our love. You were my everything and I wallowed in sadness every second I was away from you feeling nothing, but immense guilt," his voice broke a bit, and then he started up again, his volume steadily increasing, "then here you are! You willingly threw everything we made together away in just 30 minutes? I trusted you!"

"Ratalouis can't you see? I'm sorry! I really am-" Though before Eleanor could finish saying more, Ratalouis took the flower he was going to gift to her and began to angrily gnaw on it. Ratalouis was chewing on the hard green stem and munching furiously.

"What are you-"

He made direct eye contact with her and kept masticating. His intense stare made her whimper with guilt. She wasn't sure what to say or do as Ratalouis finally finished the stem and moved to the petals. Then, finally, she decided to brave against his scornful stare and say it.

"Ratalouis, I'm not keeping it. I'm getting an abortion."

The rose had one more petal left and Ratalouis stuffed it into his rodent mouth, proper full, as he said, "WHAT?" with bits of petals flying out.

"It'll come out a terrible creature Ratalouis. What do you think a hybrid of a human and a rat will look like? It'll kill us both if I have it!"

So much for being a woke king. Ratalouis had begun the day wanting to be the perfect man for Eleanor, but he was now consumed by rage and bigotry. Ratalouis was a well-known pro-lifer, which had prevented the band from becoming bigger than they could be as he was continuously canceled on Twitter.com. (Although, because he was a rat, many overlooked his conservative ideals.)

"Eleanor you can't! You know that life is sacred-- you can't just kill an innocent child! Two wrongs don't make a right."

Eleanor's whiskers twitched in anger.

"I can't believe you right now!" She contemplated unleashing a torrent of harsh words in self-defense. Instead, she directed her eyes to the cold, beady orbs of Ratalouis. While she had once been completely enamored with him, now all she felt was the frigidness of their mutual disrespect. Eleanor understood that there was no recovery from the amount of damage that both of them had dealt--Eleanor had royally fucked up, and Ratalouis was never going to change his bigotry; ultimately, there was no point in continuing any sort of conversation, as it wouldn't be productive.

"You know what? I'm done. And I figure you probably are as well," Eleanor spoke curtly.

 "Goodbye Ratalouis."

"Go fuck yourself, Eleanor," he replied.

Then the former rat pair went their separate ways.