Ch. 2 The Plot Thiccens

Eleanor had managed to rearrange her schedule so that she could meet up with her new flying-by-the-seat-of-his-pants rockstar rat guy friend boy interest dude. Although his F-boy tendencies and suave attitude repelled her interest, she was deeply attracted to his zest for life and spontaneity. She had accessorised her dainty bourgeoisie fur with some back highlight (yes, that is highlighter applied to her back. She's out here stuntin the sleek look) and an elegant pair of sunglasses.

At 2:08, Ratalouis showed up looking like your typical pop icon rat in a boy band. "Why, hello lovely," he mused.

"So what are we doing?" Eleanor asked.

He smirked and said, "Just come with me this way." They scampered up to a small, inviting cafe.

As they crossed through the doorway, classically French tables and chairs towered over them. The room had a sweet and simple atmosphere which was accentuated by gorgeous streams of sunlight and minimalist decorations. The shouts of French bakers pleased the rodents' pairs of rat ears.

"Why, this place is so charming," Eleanor noted as she picked up a baguette crumb. She stared at it in awe. She had never been a forager before. As she debated taking a bite out of it, Ratalouis stopped her and proceeded to feed her a baguette crumb with his own rat paws. Eleanor bit down on the food and accepted it with intrigue and minimal embarrassment.

"Come on Eleanor," Ratalouis teased, "act like an animal every once in a while." Eleanor twitched her whiskers sassily and said, "Act like an animal? You know I didn't grow up learning how to do that."

Ratalouis winked and smirked simultaneously-- a smwirnk if you will-- and said, "Well I guess I'll have to teach you." With that, he picked up a grape and a bit of cheese he had found on the floor. "Try them separately," he suggested.

Eleanor munched on the cheese and then munched on the grape. "That was good." Ratalouis got a gleam in his eye as he said, "Now, try tasting them together." She exhibited a blatant sense of confusion, but warily complied with the instructions. When the grape and cheese combined on her palette, she closed her eyes and began to visualize fireworks appearing before her.

"Ratalouis, this is genius!"

"I'm glad you enjoyed the good stuff, babe. Now we're just left to enjoy all these baguette bits."

Eleanor began collecting and indulging in bread crumbs.

"I think I've got the hang of this foraging thing!"

"Oi, I'd say you're learning quickly, darling!" Ratalouis smirked.

Then, as Ratalouis and Eleanor reached for the same bread crumb, their paws brushed up against each other. Cuz every time they to-o-ouch, they get this kind of ru-u-ush (baby say yeayeayeyayeahyeah).The accidental contact caused the rodent pair to blush deeply but they refused to look away from each other.

"You know, I regret not kissing you last night," He admitted, leaning closer to the fine aristocRAT. Eleanor was suddenly drawn to him and reciprocated his forward lean.

"I guess we'll have to make up for that right now. I consent," she said before their rat mouths collided. Alexa play "Kiss You" by One Direction. Their tongues battled for dominance and-- jk jk it was just a nice little smoocho. . . . . for the first 10 seconds. Then it was five minutes of Sdjbfsdbflks jdbflkjsadflksajfhlks.

Ratalouis was the first to break away. He looked at his mini Supreme rat watch and breathlessly squeaked, "I have band rehearsal coming up! I'm afraid I have to go. This date will have to be postponed. Unless... you want to come with me, love?" Eleanor grasped his popstar paw and they scurried to his recording studio.

-at the studio-

"Aye, it's Eleanor!" said Niall

"Aye, it's Eleanor!" said Liam

"Aye, it's Eleanor!" said Zayn, "You're always welcome in the studio, dear."

"Hello boys, and thank you, Zayn," Eleanor answered.

All of the boys were in an industrial glass box with headphones and microphones at the ready. Once Ratalouis mounted Harry's head as per usual, the recording manager gave a signal and began playing the backup track to their song. Eleanor listened intently as One Direction belted out the words to their new song, "Drag Me Down". Eleanor found herself lost in the rocky energy of the music--that was, until she looked up and a pair of brown eyes brought her back. The steady eye contact she maintained with these baby browns was charged with a sense of connection. Then she realized that rather than the beady orbs of her beau, Ratalouis, these were the earthy orbs of his bandmate Zayn Malik. Eleanor felt slightly uncomfortable because of her attachment to Ratalouis and averted her gaze to the technologically complex soundboard.

Then she fixed her line of sight on Ratalouis; the charming rat who was starting to color her skies and teach her about life. Despite her initial impressions and their strange meeting, she felt herself falling for this rat.

The recording session came to a close and Ratalouis rushed out of the recording room and clasped Eleanor's paws. "Hey love, would you come out of the room with me?"

"Of course," Eleanor followed.