Ch. 6 The Ballad of Ratalouis AKA Mr. Brightside

Ratalouis was at a loss for words, he was absolutely squeakless, and so he coped by channelling Harry's lifeless vessel to emote the guilt and angst that were pent up inside of him. Too tired to actually control Harry, Ratalouis uttered an incantation which possessed Harry to shred the electric guitar. A new intern walked into the practice room and their fight-or-flight responses instantly kicked in at the horrifying, confusing sight of a boy with glazed-over eyes playing demonic rock tunes. "Just keep scrolling!" Ratalouis hissed aggressively. The intern bolted out of the room and slammed the door closed, leaving Ratalouis with the privacy and isolation he initially set out to attain. The walls of sound emitted by Harry assisted Ratalouis in concentrating and dissecting his turbulent train of thought.

Ratalouis reflected on the fact that he practically slaved over his musical abilities so that he could do something great, be something great. It felt like nobody truly understood the immense sacrifices involved in his lifestyle; he couldn't see his family, he couldn't breach his dictative contract, and he had to keep memorizing hundreds of dance movements, lyrics, and chord progressions. All of this culminated in him being darnd near burnt out. But Eleanor was the bright spot in his life; he truly enjoyed spending time with her.

Then, the spirits of Mr. Moseby and Cody from Suite Life of Zack and Cody came to him, saying "How do you lose a woman?!" "You forget to cherish her".

He admitted to himself that it wasn't fair to Eleanor how he had cut her off in the past few weeks and taken his stress out on her.

He swore he wouldn't let another serious miscommunication happen, and he especially would not call Eleanor a rich thotty under any circumstances. In short, Ratalouis vowed to shape up and respect women (but more specifically his woman), becoming a Woke King.

He felt a renewed sense of purpose and optimism as he came to the conclusion that they didn't have to throw the relationship away, and that his growth and apology could move them through this rough patch. He had the tools now to collaborate and compromise. But, he knew Eleanor would need to see action on his part in order to believe him, so he devised a plan in which he would purchase an exquisite bouquet of flowers and give them to her. (This sounds like a simple plan, but basic transactions are actually quite difficult for rats to do.)

So, a determined Ratalouis scampered out of the studio and took to the bustling Parisian streets. He used his powerful sniffer to locate a flower shop. Once inside, he scoured through all of the gorgeous varieties of flowers.