i don't want them to die

Word Count: 4498

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

"We were a part of the army, yes." Lizzie confirmed, hands clasped around her mug. "But when (Y/N) was born, it was during a time where there was a lot of their kind. Due to that, very suddenly, we were out of caretakers."

"Though (Y/N) was barely a month old, we had to get them to the overworld as soon as possible... so they assigned us." Joel followed with a chuckle, and Lizzie giggled softly at a memory.

"Oh we didn't even know each other at the time, the introduction was beyond awkward," she calmed a little, "but we were apparently the most gentle out of all the army, since we were both nurses, so we were plucked out of the group."

"Right," Ranboo seemed frazzled, "how come I never got a caretaker?"

"Oh you definitely have one, at the very least. It's required." Jordan explained.

"Who though, we have no idea." Joel added.

"Great." Ranboo grumbled, and I patted his hand a little in an attempt to comfort.

Niki seemed quiet, too quiet for her character. I looked to her with curious eyes, "you alright there?"

She blinked, looking back to us from her hands. "Y-yeah." She nodded quickly, hands fiddling with her turned off phone. "I'm okay."

"You sure?" Tommy chimed in.

"It's just... I realized something... something probably really bad." Niki put down the phone, the electronic device landing with a soft thud. "Techno. Technoblade." She borderline gulped. "Philza's going to release the fucking hounds, literally."

"Oh for the love of god- Techno?" Jordan groaned as the humans (plus the two angel-demon hybrids) in the room looked straight to the former captain in confusion. "Techno- well, Technoblade, is the worst thing you'll ever meet."

"I know we all hate him here, but let's not call him a thing-" Lizzie muttered.

"Fine, he's the worst person you'll meet. Especially on the battlefield. He has a hound army, sharpest weapons you'll ever see, and absolutely no emotions." Jordan paused, "he has some emotions but definitely no mercy." He corrected.

"I've met him once," Niki shuddered, "and it was terrible. He just gave me a glare, a fucking glare, and left."

"Yikes." Tubbo muttered.

"Yikes indeed." Purpled agreed not long after, the upset tone not wavering.

At least he was joining the conversation.

"Techno won't hesitate to kill all of us, that's for god damned sure." Lizzie muttered, "do you lot know how to fight?"

We all froze.

There was one collective thought shared between us:

We're high school students, Lizzie.

"Do I look-" Ranboo started, and Lizzie nodded quickly.

"-My mistake- I literally watched you guys grow up, why did I bother." She pinched at the bridge of her nose.

"Then we'll need training, I suppose?"

Purpled shifted in his chair, "I need to get home, though." His purple eyes scanned over the group, "I'm sure all of our parents are worried."

"I've got Puffy notified," Lizzie explained, "but that's true, everyone else except for Tubbo - since he literally lives here - should at least notify their parents somehow."