wreck havoc

Word Count: 4485

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

Niki walked faster towards Lizzie, tapping her shoulder nervously. "Hey- am I supposed to be here? No, am I even allowed to be here?"

Lizzie looked at her with worried eyes, pursing her lips. "I'm sure that they'll be able to understand the situation." She gave a gentle smile, turning her attention back to the roads, "It's a while before we reach the castle, so we don't have to worry for a bit of time, okay?" As Lizzie spoke, she exchanged concerned glances with her husband.

"Yeah..." Niki didn't seem too sure. I put my hand on her shoulder, running a thumb over the surface in an attempt to comfort her. The girl looked to me, smiling softly and putting her hand on mine. "Thanks."

I smiled back, "Of course." I gently slid my hand off her shoulder, it finding the wrist of my other hand and I sighed slightly. At that, Ranboo looked to me.

I'm seeing a pattern.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking down towards me as I slowed a little to move to his side, a meter or two behind us. The three in front of us broke into another conversation.

I didn't meet his eyes, "Just fine." I nodded a little. "How about you?"

He turned back to the road, a little sigh also escaping him, "I'm okay." He paused, "well I mean, everything's a little fuzzy right now, I have no idea what the hell is happening."

I let a laugh break free, "Me neither." I shook my head, "Everything's happening so fast. One moment Jack was one of our best friends, and now I'm in a whole other dimension."

Ranboo laughed with me, "How did we get here." It wasn't a question.

"No idea," I answered anyway.

But I had to admit, being here was surreal. The clouds beneath my feet were soft, each step I took made my heart somewhat pause, fearing that I would sink. But I never did. And I could speak for hours about the view, the sky was a bright blue, but was soft and neutral enough for my eyes to not hurt. The sun was honestly nowhere to be found, but according to Lizzie, there was still a day and a night. I wonder if they have sunsets or sunrises.

"Hm, I think that it's because we were born into the world as something that technically is not supposed to happen?"

I hummed softly, furrowing my brows, "So we were mistakes."

"I can't argue that," Ranboo admitted, looking to me. I met his eyes this time, his heterochromatic eyes meeting my own. They looked soft, almost hurt. "But I don't want you to think that way." He reached for my hand, I let him take it. "You're amazing- you're great. You're too good to have that mindset." running a thumb over the back of my hand, he squeezed it. "Sure, you might be a mistake in society, but you're... well, you're a good mistake."

I giggled, looking away. "That last sentence ruined it."

He rolled his eyes, "Come on, I'm not the best with wor- wait oh my god no," he tugged on my hand and put a softhearted hand on my chin, turning my face back towards him. "Please don't cry."

I blinked rapidly, turning back to look towards the road, though I couldn't bring myself to tear myself from his touch. He did drop his hand back to his side after a moment, the ghost of his touch lingering on my skin. "I'm fine. It's just that-" I laughed awkwardly, "I did actually think for the longest time that I was a mistake- and y'know, like you said. I am one- we are a mistake, but I never thought that a mistake could be good." I shook my head, "I appreciate that. A lot." I squeezed his hand, returning the one from a good twenty seconds ago. "I needed it." He squeezed back again. "And the same to you, Ranboo. You're also too good to have the mindset- even if you don't have it." I added at the end, bumbling over my words.