Ch-1: 𝗦𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗦𝗶𝗺𝘂𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿

It was nighttime. Inside of a little boy's bedroom, a little boy snuggled into bed, his parents looking over to him.

"Goodnight, sweetheart." The mother said.
"Goodnight, Mom." The boy replied.
"Sleep tight, kiddo." The father added in.

The bedroom light clicked off, and a soft moonlight illuminated the room. The little boy settled into bed as his parents' footsteps faded away down the hall.

Now, all is quiet.
But not for long.

The closet door began to open with a creak. The boy woke up and looked around the room nervously, his eyes growing wide. Suddenly, he spied a purple tentacle emerging from the closet. The boy turned away in fear, but as he took a second look, it revealed to be just a shirt sleeve from his nightgown. The boy relaxes back into bed, and he then fell asleep.

A dark shadow suddenly cuts across the bedspread for a moment. From underneath the bed, a pair of evil red eyes peered out. Rising up behind the boy, towers a fearsome monster, one with four long tentacle-like arms with sharp claws, preparing to scare his young victim.

The boy woke to see the monster and screamed out in fear.

The monster, horrified by the child, now lets out an even more terrified scream of his own. He backed away and slipped on a soccer ball, which ricochets off the wall and smacked him squarely on the face. He stumbled back on a skateboard, slipped, and landed right on a pile of jacks. Crazed with pain, the monster runs around the room, knocking down everything in the room, screaming and holding his backside, while yelling out incoherently as he tries to get the jacks out.

The worklights all flash on, flooding the room with light, the monster stopping in his tracks as he looked about. The boy, now revealing itself to be an animatronic, winds down and resets for the next attempt.

"Simulation terminated

"Simulation terminated. Simulation terminated." A voice spoke out over a PA system. "Simulation terminated. Simulation terminated. Simulation terminated."

One wall of the bedroom started to rise, revealing it to be a bedroom set, a simulator where monsters could try and practice their scare tactics. Behind a control console sat an evaluator, the dragon-like Ms. Flint. Judging by her tone, she's been through this before.

"All right, Mr. Bile, is it?" Flint asked.

"Uh... My friends call me Phlegm." The monster answered back wearily.

Flint just nodded. "Uh-huh. Mr. Bile, can you tell me what you did wrong?" She asked.

"I fell down?" Bile answered.

Flint shook her head. "No, no, before that. Can anyone tell me Mr. Bile's big mistake? Anyone?" Flint addressed to a panel of pathetic looking recruits, seated behind her. They stare back at her blankly. Flint groaned and looked at the video footage. "Let's take a look at the tape. Here we go." Flint rewinds the tape, then plays it. On the monitor, Bile sneaks into the bedroom, leaving the door open. The image freezes.

"Uh, right

"Uh, right... Puh-puh-puh-puh... Ah! There, see? The door. You left it wide open." Bike noticed this, the recruits now writing it down on the clipboards in their hands. "And leaving the door open is the worst mistake any employee can make because...?" Flint questioned.

"Um... It could let in a draft?" Bike timidly answered.

"It could let in a child!" A voice spoke out from the darkness, and out stepped Mr. Waternoose, CEO of Monsters Inc., emerging from the shadows.

Mr. Waternoose is a large obese gray crab / spider-like monster, completely bald, with five eyes, who walks around on a set of six crab-like legs. He is wearing a black tuxedo jacket over a white shirt, a red vest, and a black bow tie. One could say he's a cross between a spider and a crab.

Flint was most surprised to see her boss here

Flint was most surprised to see her boss here. "Oh! Mr. Waternoose!"

"There is nothing more toxic or deadly than a human child. A single touch could kill you!" Waternoose began to explain to those in the room. Bile shuffled nervously away from the animatronic kid. "Leave a door open and a child could walk right into this factory! Right into the monster world!" Waternoose added.

One recruit loses it, leaping into the lap of the monster next to him. "I won't go in a kid's room! You can't make me!"

Waternoose pointed firmly at that monster. "You're going in there because we need this." He grabbed a nearby yellow scream canister, then uncorked the can, the sound of children's screams leaking out. The lights surge in energy, and the monitors crackle. The recruits cover their ears, as does Bile for a while.

Waternoose now corked the can. "Our city is counting on you to collect those children's screams. Without scream, we have no power. Yes, it's dangerous work and that's why I need you to be at your best. I need scarers who are confident, tenacious, tough, intimidating." He then thought hard.

"I need scarers like... Like... Braedey Gojira Martin, and Ken Kong Norris."

~*~*~
A/N: there we go. First chapter down, who knows how many to go through. It'll definitely be something, so please enjoy.

Tell me in our own opinion: What did you think of 'Monsters Inc' when you watched it? What made you laugh, what made you cry, and who were your favourite characters? Hear from you soon.