Ch-3: 𝗢𝗳𝗳 𝗧𝗼 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗸 & 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗜𝗻𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗽𝗼𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱

The morning of Monstropolis started out as a regular morning. The sun was rising over the horizon, with many monsters heading off to work or to meet friends and family. Among those that were heading off to work are Braedey, Ken, Jasmine, and Jennifer, all of them working together at Monsters Incorporated.

"I'm telling you, big man. You're going to be seeing this face on TV a lot more often." Ken laughed as he made his way down the stairs, followed by Jennifer and Jasmine, Braedey locking the door to their apartment building.

"Oh really?" Jasmine raised an eyebrow.

"On where? 'Monstropolis' Most Wanted'?" Braedey joked, the girls both laughing at this.

Ken laughed sarcastically. "You have been jealous of my good looks since University, bud." Ken remarked, Braedey laughing as he followed on after them.

"Nah. I just tolerated you." Braedey joked back, the girls snickering back at this.

Jennifer now made her way over to her car, a little red sportscar. "Hey, fellas. Let's go and ride to work." She called.

"Nope. Not today." Braedey shook his head as he and the others began to walk past Jennifer. "No need for wheels."

"Guys. What's wrong? What are you doing?" Jennifer asked in confusion.

"Jennifer, there's already a scream shortage. We don't want to add more to that, do we?" Jasmine stated, now unveiling her wings. "Let's fly or walk."

"I agree. We're walking." Braedey agreed.

"Walking?" Jennifer echoed, only to be picked up by Ken, her now in a fireman's hold over his shoulder. "Ken! Put me down!" She demanded, only for Ken to follow after the others. "Oh, fine." Jennifer muttered.

As the group of friends walked down the street, they all passed by a newspaper stall known as 'Monstropolis Horn'. One newspaper reads 'Rolling Blackout Expected: Scream Shortage Looms'.

"Hey, fellas, you want to know why I bought the car? Huh?" Jennifer asked to the others as Ken continued to carry her

"No. Not really." Ken shrugged.

"To drive it!" Jennifer stated as if it were obvious. "You know, like, on the street? With the honk-honk and the vroom-vroom and no walking involved."

"Hey. Give it a rest, will ya, Angel wings? Come on, you could use the exercise." Braedey spoke to her casually as they stopped at the edge of the road to cross.

Jennifer looked at him in bewilderment. "I could use the exercise?! Look at you! You're a walking reactor, for crying out loud! You could lift up an entire building if you could!"

"Yep, that's my buddy." Ken laughed, now putting down Jennifer on her feet.

Soon, the quartet made their way past some cafes and shops, eventually coming across Tony's produce stand. Tony, who's an orange multi-tentacle monster, was just putting the produce on the front stands ready to be sold to anyone.