A Break (this is a new chapter 🥰)

"I miss them" I said to myself in the mirror as I got ready for another day of doing nothing.
In the last few months things have changed so much. I went from having everything I ever wanted to having nothing or nobody at all. I was still trying to figure things out with this double relationship thing and I figured instead of holding them tight to me I'd let them go just to work out the kinks on my own and actually see if this was what I wanted and how could I improve myself to make sure this whole situation was a success in the long run.

I heard my phone vibrate letting me know I had a notification.
"We still on?" The message said. I had forgotten I agreed to link with a friend I've met since I been out here in LA. I was thinking of reasons on why I couldn't go but nothing came to mind that I hadn't already thought of.
I sighed because at this point I was all excused out and needed a day out so I replied "yeah see you soon"

I showered and made sure I was smelling good because if nothing else sis gon always smell good and look good too. I checked my outfit one last time, grabbed my keys and was out the door. A few moments later ones pulling up to the restaurant we met at and already say them seated.

"Hi how many are in your party?" The host asked.
"Hello actually I already see them seated but thank you!" I smiled and walked over.
"Look who finally made it out" they said getting up to hug me and also sneaking a kiss on the cheek.
"I couldn't think of a place I was at knowing I'm just in the house" I laughed.
"How are you?" They asked taking a sip of whatever they had in their cup.
"I am well. Today is a much better day than most I've had. How are you?"
"I'm great"
"You're always saying you're great but what makes you so great?"
"I'm alive I'm healthy I could be much worse and down bad but I'm blessed enough not to be. There are people who are down and out and in way worse situations so since I'm here doing good that makes me great." Ending with a smile.
"You know you're way more wise than I would ever think you were"
"I'm going to take that for the compliment it was meant to be"
"Can I get you something to drink ma'am?" The waiter asked.
"Can I just have some water?"
"Sure!"
We sat and talked and had some good food as we sat.
"So will it be five months before I see you again?"
"No. Actually you want to come over? I'm not doing anything and I just don't want to be alone"
"I have no problem with that. I'll follow you" walking away to the car. I got in mine and we were off.

"So explain to me exactly why you're single?" He asked and it shocked me because we had never had this type of conversation. I wanted to be transparent as possible because this man really had me open.
"Well I guess you could say I'm on a break"
"A break?" He asked.
"Let me explain. In high school I had a idea that I wanted to explore the whole poly relationship thing. So I posted and actually had two boyfriends and they were completely opposite but combined they were the ultimate whole. For years we navigated through the relationship all the way into adulthood. Of course we had ups and downs but what relationship doesn't? When we got here everything was great or so it seemed but one told me they felt like I was giving the other more attention than the other and I never felt I was. One left so I could create a closer bond with the other but he also left because he felt like as grown people this couldn't work forever so we are on a break until I can work on how to strengthen this relationship."
When I finished it looked as if he was confused but also wanted to laugh.
"Sounds like a movie script"
"I just wanted what I wanted when I wanted it and for a while I had it. It was perfect."
"See the problem is you keep saying perfect knowing things should never be perfect if it's perfect all the time at some point it's fake. Love and relationships are not perfect at all. Nobody and I mean absolutely nobody is perfect. Even when we think we care and doing all things to make it look like it's all together and things are perfect they aren't so stop looking for perfect and look for realistic."
"Here you go being wise again David"
"I'm just speaking facts. You in here sounding crazy talking about perfect relationship even the Obamas ain't perfect." He laughed causing me to laugh as well.
"Now you"
"Now me what?"
"Why are you single?"
"I'm on a break too I guess. We are in a confusing phase in our relationship. It's more me than it is her. I'm not sure if this is the time to be pursuing things but at the same time I don't want to call it quits so it's a break."
"Would you be upset if she was talking to other men during this break? Does she know it's a break?"
"I mean it is what it is I can't control nothing she does and same thing with her we are you know a bit disconnected at the moment so while we are not in communication what can I say or do?" He shrugged.
"Understood."

"Why you staring at me?" He asked as I looked at him while he watched tv but he never took his attention off the tv.
"I'm not even looking at you"
"I feel you"
"You feel me huh?" I laughed but idk where that comment even came from. He looked at me with his eyebrow up.
"What does that mean? You feel me huh?" Mocking me.
"Nothing"
"Something"
"Nothing"
"Something"
I laughed because this is really how we talk over text and it's amazing to me that we have that same interaction in person. This man is my best friend but something is different about him today.
"It's really nothing"
"Come here" he said.
"Umm why?"
"Just come"
I was hesitant because what the hell is this. When I didn't move fast enough he pulled my arm and now I was face to face with his beautiful face.
"Kiss me" he said and I was looking in his eyes that never left mine for the joke that never came and with having any control over myself I leaned in and kissed him. And there we were on the couch kissing.

"I miss her too. You think it's been long enough?" I asked Keith as we both got out the car.
"It's been months of course it's been long enough. She been texting us she seems like she's ready to talk it out" he said searching for the key neither of us have used in a while. We had been talking and we were ready to go home to our lady. These last few months were hard but it was time. Maybe even if we didn't just jump back into where we left off but at least build the foundation so we could move forward.

We walked in and everything was as we left it. Her car was outside so I knew she was here. So how the house was made when you walk in there's a entry was that splits into to directions and steps in the middle. Left side living room. Right side kitchen. Keith checked the kitchen but knowing her she was probably in the room so I went there to surprise her but she was in there.

"What the fuck is this!" I heard yelling making me run back down to see her and this mf Dave East wrapped up in each other.