Rules & Regulations

"Here you go" Keith said as we went into the kitchen. He handed me a bag and I quickly looked inside to see soup candy and a small bear. I swear I could've cried.
"Aww Keith thank you!"
"No problem" he took a seat at the island.
"How was school?"
"It was ok. The usual. I got you notes from your teachers too" He told me as he pulled his bag up off the floor.
"You didn't have to do that"
"I did. You couldn't make it so I have to make sure you succeed even if it means getting your work that you miss" He said.
"Omg you are sure a sweetheart"
"I'm ok" he said.
"Nah you're more than ok you extraordinary babe" I told him making him blush. "You know I thought you were still kind of being standoffish since you know"
"Oh that" he said looking embarrassed all over again.
"It's fine trust me. It's like that sometimes and it's 100 percent natural. You can't help your hormones. You're a man and I'm a girl and things like that happen. Trust me you don't have to be embarrassed about it. Like i said before I think it's cute"
"I just feel left out. I sat in my room thinking I wasn't even good enough for you because I'm not like those other guys. You know the ones that like your pics and comment on your stuff and the ones that cat call you at school. Like I heard them talking about your behind the other day and I could never bring myself to do that" he finished.
"Keith that's great honestly. You know how refreshing that is to hear? I hate that stuff honestly. I have this figure that just gives me attention but it's nice to know someone actually sees me"
He stood up and came and stood in front of me. Since he was a good 5 inches taller I was looking up at him. Our eyes met and we just stared into each other's eyes for a second. I got nervous and looked away only for him to turn my face back to him. He lowered himself and attached his lips to mine. The kiss was slow then he stopped.
"I um I never had the opportunity to officially ask you to um" he started.
"Y/N I'm home" I heard my mom say and I stepped back a little.
"In the kitchen mom"
"Hey love. Who is this fine young man" she said and i saw Keith blush.
"Mom this is Keith. Keith this is my mother."
"Keith huh? I'm Ms Jackson but you can call me mama J like everyone else" she said and he extended his hand.
"Nice to meet you Ms Jackson" he greeted.
"Now son I'm a lady we don't shake hands that's a mans greeting come and give me a hug" she opened her arms and he hesitated af first but walked into her arms to hug her. "Nice and strong. Baby girl you better keep him around"
"Ma don't be embarrassing"
"Girl hush. Are you staying for dinner baby?" She said.
"Um sure i guess" he said.
"Ok. Now y'all get out my kitchen so I can cook" she waved us off and we went into my room. "And y'all better not be doing the grown up y'all ain't grown!!!"
"Ma stop!" I yelled down while he laughed.
"Hello?" I answered my phone that was ringing.
"I miss you" Algee said on the other end.
"I miss you too but you literally just dropped me off."
"So I can't be missing my girlfriend?" He said.
"I'm not your girlfriend yet."
"Ugh sure you aren't. What y'all doing?" He asked but i just hung up.
"What were you going to say before my mom came in?"
"Um nothing" Keith said playing with the furry pillow on my bed.
"Dude just say it. Stop doing that"
"I never officially asked you to be my girlfriend. I know this is an unusual situation but I still want to be a bit formal. Especially because you'll be my first girlfriend" he said not looking at me once.
"Well ask"
"Would you do me the honor of..."
"Someone's at the door for you?" My mom yelled up.
"Hold on. I'll be back" i ran down the steps to see who it was and it was definitely Algee.
"Why are you here?"
"Damn I can't miss my girlfriend can't pop up. Wow" he said letting himself in.
"And who is this?" My mom asked being nosey.
"I'm Algee. Her boyfriend. You must be her sister" he said kissing her hand making me roll my eyes.
"Boyfriend? He's charming. What about the young man up stairs?" She asked.
"He's still here?" Algee asked smirking.
"Yeah he's still here. Waiting on dinner."
"Dinner? No invite?" He said.
"You can stay sweetie. Y'all gon head and get out of my downstairs. I'll call y'all when it's down" my mom said going back in the kitchen. We went upstairs to see Keith playing on his phone.
"Wassup?" Algee said to him.
"Hey" Keith said.
"Men don't say hey to other men" Algee said taking a seat at the desk.
"Don't start Algee." I sat on the bed. "Now since the both of you are here let me just say this now. You both are my boyfriends. I am your girlfriend. And only your girlfriend. You two are only my boyfriends."
"That's fair?" Algee asked.
"Nigga if I say it is it is. Now you two are separate. What we won't do it ask about what the other one did" i said looking straight at Algee.
"Why you looking at me like that?" He asked.
"Because you be the one asking duh. Since we are still young i guess we will have to come up with some kind of schedule because I can't move out yet but eventually I want to have both of you in one house. That's the goal. I want this to be ask normal as possible for all of us. When I'm with you I'm with you. As I explained before you two give me different things. A lot of people are going to have stuff to say but it's how you handle it. Words don't bother me so it is what it is. Last thing y'all are going to have to get along. I don't have time to be settling arguments and breaking up fights. I'm not asking y'all to be best friends just be cordial."
"I'm down. It doesn't matter" Keith said making me smile.
"Of course he's down he's him. This is the one time he will ever......"
"You can get the fuck out if you're going to keep disrespecting him" I said with my hands on my hips.
"Chill out. Watch your mouth" he said getting up and in my face.
"Back tf up off me. I just said none of that shit. This is us but you can go and get tf on"
He looked me up and down and sighed but sat his ass down.
"I knew you'd be the problem. Next time you get my face it's a wrap. You hear me?"
"Yeah whatever" he said.
"Is you in or not?"
"I'm in I'm in damn" he finally said.
"Dinners ready!!" We heard and got up. These two were pushing each other trying to open the door first.
"I got it!" I yelled to stop them. Next thing I know my feet were off the ground and I was being carried down the stairs.
"Keith baby I can walk"
"No I got you" He said and i heard Algee suck his teeth.
"So i didn't know.....Um since when did you need to be carried?" Mom said soon as we got to the table.
"She told him she could walk mama J" Algee said taking a seat.
"Queens never walk" Keith said boldly which surprised me.
"Um baby girl can I see you in the kitchen?" My mom asked but it was in a more demanding tone.
"Yes ma'am?"
"What is this?" She asked.
"What is what"
"You got these two boys in here thinking you're the queen of the world. What's the issue?" She said as she got juice out the fridge.
"Mama I don't think you'd understand"
"Well help me"
"Well they are both my boyfriends"
She looked at me like I grew 5 heads.
"No absolutely not. I will not have the city calling you a hoe. I barely want you dating 1 guy but 2 nope. Not having it" she said.
"But ma i got this down. They both are different but together they make the ultimate boyfriend. Where one lacks the other has. Ma it's perfect"
"Mmm you're giving the saying have you cake and eat it too a whole new meaning. I should've told you no more often." She shook her head. "They are ok with this?"
"Yes mommy they are ok with it. I promise you this is perfect."
"The first fall out it's over." She said.
"Mom please don't tell daddy about this either"
"I love you too much to do that. I'd like to see you live another day" she laughed and walked back into the dining room with me following.
"Where's Keith"
"Um he had to go. Something came up" Algee said never looking up.
"I'll just take my food upstairs. You two enjoy and remember y'all aren't grown so don't even try it" She said going upstairs.
"What did you do?"
"Why you think i did something?" He laughed.
"Get out"
"Get out? Why?" He asked.
"You heard me. Get tf out"
He stood in my face and put his hand around my neck applying some pressure.
"What i told you? Keep talking to me like that." He said i should be worried but I was turned on. "You like that huh? I knew it but like I said earlier not yet. Now let's sit down and eat this food your mom prepared for us babe" he kissed my forehead and let go. We sat down and ate. I looked at my phone and saw Keith had left me a message.
I'm sorry but i had to go. We can do this but I don't want to be in the same room as him if he doesn't know how to talk to me like I'm a person. I left your homework and notes on your bed. Call me before you go to sleep.
I sighed and put my phone away. I looked over at Algee and rolled my eyes. This nigga is going to make this shit hard af.