Chapter 3

(If you are not reading this story on Wattpad.com, you should know that it has been stolen and they are profiting from a product to which they do not have the rights. If you want to read the free version of this and many other stories, without advertising and respecting the rights of others, I encourage you to visit Wattpad.com and enjoy it.)

...

"This is amaaziiiiiing!!!"

"What good is it that you carefully wrap yourself in an old blanket so that your clothes don't attract attention if you then start yelling like crazy?"

"Don't be a worrywart, we've already left town! And this is mind-blowing! I feel the speed on my skin! The air is dry and cool up here! It smells like pine! And I feel freeeeee!!"

Anna spread her arms wide and leaned over the dashboard of the wagon clearly enjoying all those new sensations for her. The idea of partially kidnapping the princess made me quite tense, but it was worth it to see the huge smile that crossed her face from end to end as she continued to yell and breathe deeply against the wind.

"Okay, okay, I get it; but don't get too close to the edge: I don't want to drive over you."

"Faster Sven!!!"

"Hey! Stop putting pressure on the reindeer! He's had enough for today."

Anna sat down again calming me back somewhat and wrinkled her nose into a kind of reflective pout that made her so adorable that I felt like I had to look away.

"You're right, I've screwed up your rest. Where did you plan to go now?"

"Exactly to the place we are heading at," I said with a smile that I didn't bother to hold back since, unfortunately, she couldn't see it.

"And, where it is?"

"Home."

"You are taking me to your house?"

"Were you planning to spend the night in the stable?"

"I thought you were going to show me the world."

"For that, I need to sleep first."

"Oh..."

I could feel the disappointment and impatience in the cadence of her voice. But I wasn't going to let that feeling last much longer.

"But before that... Sven, can you stop here for a moment, buddy?"

Sven pulled up gently to the side of the road and I released his restraints so he could rest comfortably for a while while I served my purpose.

"Why have we stopped? Where are we?"

"You'll find out soon."

"Okay, now is when you show me that my instincts are a mess and you murder me, right?"

I laughed heartily as I approached her to help her get out of the wagon as well.

"I still think you shouldn't trust anyone so fast, but you were lucky this time. I told you I wouldn't eat you."

'I begin to think that it wouldn't be so grave, though.'

"Will you take my hand?" I asked as soon as I got to her side.

Anna offered me her hand without hesitation with a tiny smile that twisted my guts without explanation and jumped out of the wagon. Since the terrain was somewhat uneven, I placed my hand carefully on her waist to guide her more safely and began to walk calmly until I saw how, despite keeping up with me perfectly, her cheeks showed a deep red.