Chapter four

That night I slept like a rock. I didn't even dream which was almost disappointing. I had fallen asleep overly excited about the new adventure that awaited me at the break of dawn.

Dawn broke but it was the smell of eggs that woke me. I opened my eyes to find a tall man standing over the fire with a pan and spatula. He looked down at me at that moment and smiled.

"Morning." he said. "I didn't think I'd see those eyes open before sunrise."

"You mean the sun's not up yet." I laughed.

"Eggs?" he asked and handed me a plate.

I took the plate from him. "So when are you going to start telling me about my powers."

"All in good time my pet. All in good time."

"Oh all right." I gave up.

We ate our breakfast in silence. When we were done he got up. "Get dressed, I'll be back for you in one hour." I just nodded and he disappeared into the trees.

It didn't take long for me to dress and pack up all my stuff. I was done before my hour was up. As I waited for Xavior to return I thought about all that has happened in the past twenty eight hours. I had left home and now I was going to go off with a complete stranger just because he offered me the world. Something about this whole scenario was making me feel a little uneasy but there was something about Xavior's offer that I just couldn't resist no matter how much I wanted to, or knew I should for that matter.

Pools of sunlight was starting to form on the forest floor. A fox appeared amongst the trees and lingered for a second before it got scared away by Xavior's return.

"Ready to go?"

"You bet." I said hooking my backpack over my left shoulder.

He held out his hand to me and I placed mine in it. He held it gently. "Tell me, how do you feel about instant transportation?"

"Say what now."

"Otherwise known as teleporting. You know, moving from one place to another in the blink of an eye." he explained.

"I've heard of it but obviously never actually done it. I always thought it would be fun though."

"Excellent." he sounded pleased.

It felt as though every molecule in my body was vibrating on its own. My insides felt as if they were being compressed. My stomach was full of butterflies but whether it was from excitement or just the shivering I could not tell. Moments later we were standing in the middle of what looked like a training camp. The tents where the soldiers slept were to the east side and to the far north was the main tent equipped with all the things needed to make it, what can be called, the command post tent. Tables with maps and battle strategies, some chairs and from what I could see measuring instruments and compasses.

All around the wide open space of the site other soldiers stood in groups between two to four soldiers per group. They were all dressed uniformly in comfortable black training gear. They were either practicing hand to hand combat or sword fighting in pair or in the larger groups doing physical exercises.

"More black I see."

"I told u, I like the color."

A girl a few years older than me and some what taller come trotting towards us. She was wearing sweat pants and a sports top. Her dark brown eyes were sparkling at our arrival. Her long black hair were tied in a high pony tail and still hang to the middle of her waist.

"Master..." the word caught my attention immediately. I was rather expecting General or Commander but most certainly not Master. "I am at your service."