Chapter six

Once again I woke up before every one else in the hour after the moon had set. As I stepped outside the tent I saw someone standing in the middle of the training grounds. I walked closer and saw that it was Xavior who was waiting for me.

"I figured we'd get an early start." he said as I approached.

"What are we going to start with. Swords, those fork things, what?"

"Oh no dear girl. Today you are going to learn about your powers. What they are and how to wield them."

"Okay then where do we start."

"Basic energy channeling. That would in turn lead to the generation of energy balls."

"Okay. What about my other powers?"

"I sincerely doubt that you need any more training in telepathy seeing how you've been using it on Toby since your second day of training. As for the others, they will come on their own as your training progress."

"How did you know I've been using telepathy?"

"I told you the night we met, I can sense when powers are being used."

"Fair enough but at least tell me what my powers are, please." I looked at him with eager puppy dog eyes.

"Well you are a full mentalist and, as your most valuable attribute, a shape shifter. A rare breed of soldier. Your other powers include telekinesis, projection..." my eyes got wider with every word he spoke. "... mind control, memory modification. And all the other powers to do with the mind."

It sounded too incredible to be true. No one could be that powerful. It was unheard of.

"Are you serious."

"Yes, quite serious. Though it is true that you are still young and right now you can't even reach half of your full potential, I swear that before you reach the age of twenty you will be a full master."

The age of twenty. Was he really thinking that I was going to stay here that long. I was thirteen now and wasn't planning on staying any longer than needed. I belonged to no one and seven years was just long enough for me to get too comfortable. And besides I still had no idea what that vision of my future meant. I couldn't afford to stay long enough for the people here to become like a family to me.

We trained for almost a week before I was able to make even a little energy ball. Another two weeks of training passed before I could make a decent one. After the physical training of the day was done, Xavior would teach me about changing my appearance and given my birthright as a Pretender it was an easy power master. By the middle of the second month of training with Xavior we finally started sparing using basic combat and energy attacks and I was getting beat even worse than ever.

I flipped backwards to avoid an attack from Xavior and landed in a standard fighting stance: left leg in front, bent at ninety degrees and my right leg strait to slightly bent behind me. I was bent over and the fingers of my right hand was grazing the ground as I skidded backwards from the force of an energy attack that I blocked with my left arm.

"Stop trying to get into my head and focus!" he said as he walked towards me. His eyes screamed of fury.

I saw an opening and launch a counter energy attack. He was momentarily blinded and in that moment I charged with a flying left - spinning right kick and two punches. I jumped back again and danced on the balls of my feet with my fists clenched and ready in front on my chest.