Chapter Ten

I awoke much later that usual later that same morning. At first I everything was hazy but then I remembered the fight and Shoreo's tricks. I was more than a little ticked but I figured if I knew I survived he would expect me to take revenge. True as it was I was also patient. I'd get him back for poisoning me when he least expects it.

The sun was out but it was not yet noon. If I remembered correctly Dairen's exam was at noon. When I got dressed I noticed that I was wearing my pajamas and that my leg was well bandaged. The nights rest restored my spirit energy and I was once again able to block the pain as I walked.

I should ask Xavior for some of that potion he gave me last time. I thought as I when down stairs to find something to eat.

"What do you think you're doing." Said Dairen as I reached the bottom of the first set of stairs from my room.

"I'm hungry." I said as if it was obvious. Dairen just shook his head and before I could take another step forward he scooped me up into his arms. Like Xavior there was a gentleness that did not fit with someone claiming to be from the dark colonies.

"Then let me take you." he said and started down the next flight of stairs.

"Thank you, Lieutenant Dantes." I said hooking my arms around his neck and resting my head against his chest.

In the kitchen he placed me gently on a chair and brought me food.

"What time is it." I asked afraid that tending to me might make him late.

"Don't worry, we have time. To be honest I thought you might be out for a few days."

"Yeah well, what can I say: I'm not as pathetic as I look."

"Trust me you do not look pathetic. On the contrary after last night you are feared by most of the soldiers here."

"What about before last night?" I asked.

"You were revered as Dehanté Ariena." As he said my name I felt something change in side me again. I stood to leave and Dairen come to my side.

"Go annoy someone else." he look into my eye and saw I was not playing around. Along with this revelation his eyes showed surprise. I would have asked what he saw but I was already walking away from him.

Out on the field things looked rather different than yesterday. Over the greatest part of the field, soldiers where training as usual. On the part of the flied nearest to where I was standing, on the other hand, was five judges' tables and chairs. Four men and one woman stood in a little circle and they were dressed as master. The five high masters to be precise.

"Hey there. Love the new look." I heard the familiar voice of my best friend from behind me.

"Zanepher, what are you doing here?" I was glad to see her.

"Xavior requested all of us to come today." I could feel her excitement and her racing energy so much so that it made my mouth water.

The battle with Shoreo drained me so much that I desperately needed to feed again. But I needed a strong source. Zanepher would be great but she was my friend; I just couldn't bring myself to do that to her. I could try to find Vincent again but I doubt he would have recovered enough by now. I thought about it for a moment and then knew who would be perfect. Yes, Shoreo would be my next meal. It was instinct that told me the best feeds comes from the ones feeling the strongest emotions and anger, hate, and love was known to all as the three most powerful.

"That's great. I know it's only been like three days but I've missed you. You should see my room. It's amazing." I said.

"You can show me later but I think they're about to start." she said indicating that the judges was taking their places.