Chapter 13 || Not Too Bad

When more Chitauri start pouring through the portal in the sky, Steve starts giving orders on where to go. It's down to me, him, Natasha and the Hulk.

"Crest and Romanoff, us three will stay on the ground, keep the fighting here. And Hulk?" The green beast turns to us and Steve nods at him, "Smash."

He then grins wickedly before jumping up and smashing every alien he sees in sight. I split away and start fighting side by side with Cap.

"Got anymore secret powers?"

I laugh while I punch an alien and grab his weapon, skewering him with it.

"Plenty!"

"Might be time to bring them out soon!" He shouts while throwing his shield through 6 of them. I catch it on the other end and use it to kill 4 more, then toss it back to him.

"Roger that Rogers."

With an eye roll, he smiles and pats my shoulder before we resume positions. The music in my ears light me up, fast paced EDM songs coursing through my nerves. I grab one by the head and throw him into a line of others, then jump up to kick one in the head.

Pulling my knives out I use all the focus I can have and the rhythm of my music to guide me through the mesh of alien scum. I feel like I'm gliding. That's until I notice Natasha struggling. She's run out of ammo and doesn't have the time to grab more from her pockets.

She knocks a few more out just with her hands and assassin skills, making me grin but when I see a larger group coming for her I huff and feel my anger and protection rise.

I gotta get us away so we have time to strike on them again.

Running towards her I shout at Cap to give me a lift. He kneels and lifts his shield so I can jump off it. Mid-air I shift into my lion form and tackle 2 aliens in front of Nat, ripping them to shreds.

Natasha stands with her hands protectively over her head but pulls them down when she feels no impact. When she sees Kaden in lion form a warmth fills her up, forcing a smile to her surface, thankful to see the golden-furred hero. The lion rips all the aliens around them to shreds and finally turns to Natasha. Their eyes meet and Natasha reaches a cautious hand out, to which Kaden allows to be placed on top of her mane.

"Thank you," Nat whispers and yelps with Kade grabs her suit with her teeth and tugs gently, nodding her large head to her back

"Thank you," Nat whispers and yelps with Kade grabs her suit with her teeth and tugs gently, nodding her large head to her back. She takes the hint and climbs onto the lion's back, grabbing the Chitauri weapon from a corpse in time.

The lion carries Natasha to a safer spot all while they fight off aliens along the way. When they're alone, Natasha climbs off and catches her breath, glancing up at the sky. Pressing a finger to her comms she speaks up, "Captain, none of this is gonna mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal."

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it."

"Well maybe it's not about guns." Nat smiles up at the Chitauri chariots, to which Lion Kade and Natasha see Steve in the distance look up and catch on.