Chapter 17 || You're A Terrible Liar

"Pete! Open up, man. I got something for ya."

"Uh...just a minute! I-um...crap!"

I frown at the clattering I hear going on in the kid's room and spot May in the kitchen. Chuckling, I pat on the door, "Take your time, Kid."

"Look at you, hard at work. Whatcha making me tonight, Maybelle?" I sling an arm around her shoulders, which only gets shrugged off.

"Figured I'd make something that doesn't include grease made from a McDonald's frying pan. Who says you're getting any? Don't you survive off of french onion dip and ruffles?"

Scoffing, I go to laugh but realize she's right. With a frustrated huff, I turn when I hear Peter leave his room finally.

"Hey look! It's Peter! Good to see you, buddy!" I smile and throw an arm around his shoulder, hugging him to my body.

"What were you doing in there?" I frown, pointing to his open room door, seeing some things strewn about. I make my way over but he sprints and slams it shut, smiling nervously up at me.

"Um–nothing! It's nothing, really. Just...boy...stuff."

Quirking an eyebrow up, I smirk whilst folding my arms over my chest, "This about that MJ chick?"

"What? I-oh..." His cheeks redden and I catch the hint, understanding what the kid meant and sigh.

"Little tip, bud. Wait till people are asleep. Less opportunity of getting caught when you're doing that."

Peter's eyes widen as he drops his jaw open, looking at Aunt May and shaking his head, "N-no! No no, that wasn't what I was doing!"

"Sure thing, pal. I'll catch you guys tomorrow. May, you should wear your glasses more often. They make you look hot," I toss a playful wink at her, to which Peter groans and May grunts, throwing a dish towel at me.

 They make you look hot," I toss a playful wink at her, to which Peter groans and May grunts, throwing a dish towel at me

"Kaden Crest! Get out!"

"I'm going! I'm going!" I cackle as I open the door and head back to my own apartment.

Before I do, I hear music playing from inside. I know for a damn fact I didn't leave my music on this morning. No shot that's from me. Who the fuck is in my apartment?

Quickly, I pull my dagger out of my boot and keep it at the ready, unlocking and opening my door slowly, walking inside with caution.

I turn around a corner and see Fury in the corner chair, breathing in my music. Sighing, I lower the dagger and glare at him, folding my arms across my chest.

"I don't remember giving you a key."

"You really think I'd need one? My wife kicked me out."

"Someone actually agreed to marry you? Shocker. Didn't know that."

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me."

Sighing, I turn the lights on, "I know, Nick. That's the goddamn problem."